Pregnancy: Nov 2013 Babies Community
6 days Late

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in November 2013.

6 days Late

I had light spotting about five days before period was due. Cheap home pregnancy tests negative. I feel pregnant. When will i test positive?
Most test say up to 6 days before missed period but it just depends on how high your HCG is. I would take one the day of or day after your period is due just to make sure. Although if you are feeling sick or pregnancy symptoms it might just be better to schedule an appt with you Dr. Best of luck! :)d
Why would my HCG level be lower than 25?
7 days after missed period is most accurate (also use first morning urine).
I have a dr appnt this morning. Nervous
There is a huge range for hcg levels, mine was 18 at 4w then 71 at 4w2d, the most important thing is that they at least double every 48-72h. Now I'm 7w2d and had my first ultrasound 3 days ago and got to see baby's little flickering heartbeat on the screen, amazing!!! Good luck!!!
Wow so only 18 at 4 weeks. Most htp detect at 25 ML... so how did you confirm you were pregnant?
I used an early detection one and it came back with a very very faint line and I used my first morning urine and dipped the stick in a cup of it so I wouldn't miss it. After my hcg levels were confirmed to have gone up, my Dr scheduled a vaginal u/s for 6w5d to make sure everything was good (I miscarried in Jan at 4w4d, so I was very nervous!). The scan was great, little pea measured right on target for my est due date of Nov 6. Now I'm 9w1d and I can't wait for my next u/s on the 17th!
By the way, what did your Dr say???