Pregnancy: Nov 2013 Babies Community
Blood clot at 5 weeks 6 days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in November 2013.

Blood clot at 5 weeks 6 days

So I woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, everything felt fine. But when I got up I noticed a pea-sized blood clot in the toilet. No bleeding other than that and nothing when I wiped. I've been having cramps, but not painful, just pulling and tugging like cramps. Is this normal? I've had two miscarriages in the past, one was a very obvious miscarriage early on and the other was missed at 8 weeks, and quite frankly I'm freaking out in the most calming, least stressful way on the baby as possible! Please advise. =(
You need to call your doctor. Cramping is normal  but clots usually are not! I don't want to scare you more and I have read several times on here about women having clots but everything was fine! I would call the doctor and get checked out and see if they have an on call doc since its Saturday. How far along are you? You could also go to the ER but sometimes they say they can't see anything because its too early! Sometimes after implantation a small clots forms that passes later and baby is fine! Good luck and prayers for you!
Thank you so much for your reply! I just called my doctor and got in for an ultrasound at the end of next week.. Then I called my husband to tell him what had happened...turns out he had (and this is gross but hilarious) some belly-button lint so he put it in the toilet before his shower last night, and it just so happened to be red...and then I peed on it...so it wasn't a clot after all! I can't stop laughing...!
That is hilarious!!!!! So glad it was just that!!! Happy and healthy 9 months!!
Thank you =) and same to you!!
Avatar n tn
Lol! The red lint has really made me smile!
Hahaha oh good! I'm still cracking up about this...I had to confess to my nurse and she lost it, I'm so glad it turned out to be a comical story instead of a scary one that's for sure!
Very glad it turned out to be belly button fluff :) to anyone who checks this post as they have the same symptoms, i had genuinely passed a clot when i was almost 6 weeks with my son, the doctor reconed it was due to implantation but it keeps you on the safe side to check it out!
Avatar n tn
What a relief.