Pregnancy: Nov 2013 Babies Community
How do i introduce the 2nd baby to my 1st.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in November 2013.

Im 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby.. k try to talk to my 3yr old daughter about the coming baby and at times shes happy about it but most of the time shes mad and says shes doesnt want it. i know shes been used to all the attention but wat can i do for her to accept the fact of a new member in the family.. she always sais shes the baby. HELP
I would talk to my daughter daily about the new baby and how she was gonna be a big sister. At first she was not happy about it but when she finally met her baby brother she is so in love and protective of him. She won't let anyone hold "her baby" . She has turned into a momma hen with him.
Oh and my daughter is 2. We told her she is always our baby and her brother is her baby according to her.
Aww i really hope my daughter gets better about this wholse situation.. at times she does tell she wants her baby already to change his diaper.. but then she'll kinda get sad.. im just going to keep telling her about the new baby and make her understand that she will always be our baby. Thank you for your feedback.
I told my girl 2 y that we gona have a new baby for her to play with and she was happy but then i was a bit sick and didnt spoile her as much ans she start to get braty about the new baby when i recoverd a give her again the same attention and only include the baby talk with her fav thning to do like singing ( she love to sing now to the baby) going places she love if we are all with here so now i tell her the baby is comeing and now she ask if he comes with us plus a telk her that the baby send her little staff like candys and cookies or little toys we buy her (she loves that part ) she kiss the baby and says thanks for it , hope it helps
I made a t-shirt for my 8yr old son saying I'm going to be a big brother. I had him read it and that's how we told him. Then I let him paint pink and blue baby footprints on it so he was involved  he's so excited!