Pregnancy: Nov 2013 Babies Community
weight gain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in November 2013.

weight gain

hello ladies. im 7 wks pregnant and have gained a total of 7 lbs as of this past monday. out of those 7 lbs I have gained 5 lbs in a 7 day period. I was just wondering is this normal. this isnt my 1 st child but I dont remember gaining this much so early. my little one is expected to arrive on November 25. thanks for your input in advance.
It depends on your current weight. But as far as my drs have told me that might be a little excessive. Maybe watch what types of food your eating, there are various charts/tables out there for how many calories a pregnant woman should gain baised on weight and how far along you are. Best of luck! :)
My dear you and I are due around the same dates :) mine is Nov 26th
In my case I got bloated since I've been pregnant, bloating adds weight on the scale although it's not a permanent sort of a weight gain. Could it be that most of your weight gain is also because maybe you have become bloated? Dtinking more water & controlling the amount of artificial sugars & eating healthy helps :) wish you the best !!
I just saw my mid-wife on Monday, and she said that my 12 pound weight gain over 12-1/2 weeks is alright. She just said to be careful not to gain to much because it puts you at risk of high-blood pressure and things. I'm sure your fine. : )