Pregnancy: Oct 2008 Babies Community
32 weeks and Contractions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies born in October 2008.

32 weeks and Contractions

Okay so I have been having contractions every 15 mins and I am 32 weeks. I went to the doctor on Friday and I am dialated 1.5 cm. So while I was having these contractions I kept track of them for about 4 hours before I called my doctors office. When I did decide to call I found out that my doctor was not on call tonight so there was another doctor that called me back. I told her that I had had per-term labor at 26 weeks and was dialated 1.5 cm and she told me that if the contractions were not every 10 min or more that I just needed to go to bed and go to sleep. I don't really like her answer but I don't rally know what to do. I don't think that I am in true labor but I don't want to have contractions that make me dialate any more. I know I will probably have my baby early (since I had my other two early at 36 weeks) but I think that now is too early. So what would you girls do? I am just worried and don't know what to do. My hubby says the doctors know what they are doing so maybe everything will be okay but I just don't think this is something to take a chance on. So I need some advice.......
Contractions every 10 minutes doesn't sound very good to me, you would really want them to check that you haven't dilated any more ...  have you had the steroid shots for baby's lungs? I had preterm labor at 30 weeks and they managed to stop it but they gave me the steroid shots just in case, they told me to call if I had 3-4 contractions in an hour. If you have rested and drank some water and are still having contractions I would call back and say that they aren't going away and maybe ask about the steroid shots as well. Good luck and keep us posted.
I have had the steroids. I got them at 26 weeks when I had pre-term labor. I feel the same way about the dialation thing. I have been having pressure with the contractions but they are not 10 min apart, they are 15 min apart. I have called my docors office and left a message for him. We will see what he says about it. the doctor I talked to the other night was just the doctor on call. I also want to talk to them about the fact that I have not slept in 2 days. I don't know what I am going to do if I don't get some sleep soon. Thanks for your comment and I will try to keep everyone posted.
This happened to my BF last week and she is like 4 weeks ahead of me and the doc made her go to the hospital to get a shot that would stop the contractions.  I am surprised they were not more concerned!  If this happens again and when in doubt, go to L&D!!
wouldnt that make your friend due at or around NOW???    why wouldn't they just let her go, if she was at least 37 weeks?! man, dr's are gettin stupid these days...b4 i found my new dr, i was desperately tryin to find a midwife who took medicaid---no such luck though :-(
but i love the new dr...she's like a smart***, but actually listens, and has no problem answering ?'s, and giving me straight answers, wether i'm wrong or right, she explains things no matter what.....
Well my contractions have pretty much stopped. But I did talk to my doctor and he said that as long as the contractions were not too bad that he would just see me at my next visit in his office unless things got worse then I could come in sooner. But I have not been having regular contractions but I have been having pressure down there. He said that the pressure probably wasn't that much of a concern unless I was having contractions with the pressure. But this is my third pregnancy and I can tell when something is wrong with my body. So I have been trying to avoid making trips to the hospital that are not needed. Gas is so expensive too. We live about an hour away from the hospital so we don't want to drive there if we don't have to. I see my doctor next week so I will just wait and see what he says then I guess ( unless things get worse then I will go to L&D)
My friend was 35 weeks and they said if she had of been at least 36 weeks they would not have stopped it.  But then again she is a scheduled c-section and they probably wanted to keep her on that schedule since it has already been planned to take place on the 19th.  If she were having it vaginally they probably would have handled it different.