I would like you all's personal opinion
Hey ladies!!  I would love to know your thoughts on baby showers for second babies.  I am having a girl this time and I am really wanting a baby shower to get all of the "pink stuff"!  I had a boy last time so I am in desperate need of girl clothes and things like that.   I am actually planning a shower for a friend and a church member said "we usually don't give showers for second babies".  I honestly believe every baby deserves a celebration on coming into this world!!  I dont want a big shower but maybe like a baby sprinkle where people bring things such as diapers, wipes, etc.  I just want to make sure I am not having any unecessary expectations or being selfish.  Are any of you planning on having a shower for second or third babies??  Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I am DEFINITELY having a shower and this is my second.  I guess every one has their own beliefs, but in my circle we do showers for ALL kids, don't care if someone has 6 (which I know someone who do) and she got 6 showers.............so I say have a shower, NOT just a sprikle, have a full fledge shower.  Honestly, not having a shower for the second child was introduced to me first on this site, I'd never even heard of it.....
I agree, celebrate EVERY baby coming into this world! That way of thinking is very old school! My first is going to be 7 when this one is born, who wants to use stuff that's 7 years old? I sure didn't keep any of it, lol. I would think all close family and firends would want to celebrate with you by giving you a shower!
***bump***
I'm just browsing through and I'm not pregnant or anything. But I wanted to say this: there are exceptions to the baby shower rules. You can have another shower if 1). the baby is a different gender, or 2). it's been quite a few years between the babies!

If your church won't put it together, then ask a relative or a friend to do one at their home. You definitely will need girl clothes. Consignment shops are also amazing and you'll save money.