Pregnancy: Oct 2009 Babies Community
Fetal Doppler

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2009.

Fetal Doppler

I got the fetal doppler I ordered from Heart tones today. I am confused on how to use it. I am alittle over 9 weeks, is that to early to hear anything? Does anyone know where on my belly I should position it? The instructions they included are very vague.

Thanks!
For some, 9 weeks is too early. I did find it at 8 weeks, but this is my fourth pregnancy (2nd baby hopefully), and I had a better idea of what I was doing this time. I am now 10w 3d and I still find it difficult to find it some days as this little baby is VERY good at hiding! lol. It also depends on your body type and the position of your uterus and placenta. But most times I find the heartbeat VERY low. Closer to my pubic bone and most days it is on the low left hand side and some days it's low and in the middle. Whenever I try to listen for it, I lay down flat, make sure I am relaxed and also having a full bladder helps as well the earlier you are. You just put the gel on, and press down gently and move it around very slowly. You have to move it all over until you figure out where your baby is. But don't be disappointed if you don't find it now. It could still be too early. Good luck! =)
ya very true, with my pervious pregnacy even my dr had problems finding my little girl's heart beat. yes very very low most likey near the pelvic bone b/c thats about where the uterus is at the moment u at 9 almost 10 so top of uterus is about 9-10 cm above the bone
The womb stays tucked under the pubic bone until week 12. Most women don't hear heartbeat on a doppler until week 12.
Thanks everyone for their responses. I laid down and tried near my pelvic bone and worked towards the middle. I think I may have heard something towards the right side but I unsure. I quess I will just wait until I see my dr on Monday. She is going to use her fetal doppler anyway. I'll be over 10 weeks so hopefully she'll be able to hear something.

Thanks!