Pregnancy: Oct 2009 Babies Community
Sonogram Result

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2009.

Sonogram Result

I went to my dr. today to confirm my pregnancy.  My LMP is 9/23/09  and we had unprotected sex 10/8/09. I missed my period for Oct then I took a pregnancy test .. positive. went to ob 10/11/09 and they did the sono see a gestational sac but no fetus and heartbeat.  I was calculating my weeks based on 10/8/09 and I am about 4 weeks and 6 days when I had my sono.  They took a blood to test my HCG level and if I am really preggy. Then got call from the nurse that my HCG level indicates that they should see something by this time.  I read a lot of forums and posts here . I am confuse about the LMP or the conception date , which is really the date you need to use to calculate how far is the pregnancy.  The dr want to see me on 11/18/09 for repeat sono and I am kinda hesitate to come.  I want to push it to 11/23/09. You think there's something to worry about or it's just to early to see the baby and the heartbeat?
Hi Chona, the date you count from is the date of yr lmp. Thats the date the doctors count from too. So if you missed your period in Oct then count from the 1st day of yr last period before that. Good luck. I am waiting to see if I am having a miscarriage, I am 8 weeks pregnant but baby measuring at 6 weeks & 2 days, with no heartbeat so I just ope everything is ok. Kel