Pregnancy: Oct 2009 Babies Community
blood clot in uterus 11 weeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2009.

blood clot in uterus 11 weeks

hi i'm wondering if any of u ladies can help?????

yesterday at my 12 week scan although i'm 11 weeks 3 days pregnant, they found a small blood clot at the lower end of my uterus, not seeming to affect baby, however last night and today i had some bleeding (no heavier than a period) it was brown and burgandy i called my early pregnancy unit and she said it might b it disolving or coming out and unless its red blood they don't tend to b worried.

so my questions are has anyone had this???

what are my chances of baby not surviving are they better after 12 weeks or still high risk because of clot???

if anyone has had this how long did bleeding last??

did ask my doc but he just said its just something we sometimes see!!

he didn't seem to think it was risky or never said and went on 2 ask if i was happy to deliver baby at that hospital in oct surely if he thought iwas high risk of losing the baby he would of said?? and not went on to discuss the birth????

really stressing out can find much on web please help ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just put your feet up and and take it easy. No heavy lifting. The blood clot is most likely correcting itself.
I had some heavy red bleeding at 6 weeks and the baby was fine.  I am 12 weeks and have had no more.  I am sure the clot is just absorbing and you will be just fine.