Pregnancy: Oct 2009 Babies Community
doula
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2009.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

doula

i am about to leave work to head to my consultation with a doula i want to hire for my delivery.  i am so excited at the thought that i might be able to hire her.  she has a sliding fee, and also runs a program for women to get certified to become doulas.  there fore if i can not afford her she can atleast connect me with one of the 2nd year students that need to attend so many live births for their certification.  a student is only like $50 to cover their gas, where the doula is 300-600. which unfortuantely is alot to us right now, but she said she would be willing to work with me, i am just excited at the thought of having a coach there with us the whole time.  at first i thought my boyfriend might be upset at the thought, but i actually think he is releaved that not all the "pressure" will be on him.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
376739_tn?1317669990
Doulas are awesome. Never had a "real" one but my MIL should become one! She was amazing.

I'd go for the student! They need the experience and you'll be saving money!
Blank
280369_tn?1316705641
A doula sounds great! I had my mom, my husband, the midwife and her 2 assistants at my son's birth. The one assistant/midwife was awesome and was always there to keep me focused. I am pretty sure she will be at this baby's birth to assist or to be the head midwife since my midwife is going away near the end of sept. We'll see.
I would go with the student as well! They need practice and it will be so great to have extra support!
Blank
189192_tn?1261345228
It is hard for me to imagine how the whole thing works out.. during my son's birth it was just me and DH, and I would worry that if there was another person there, either DH or the Doula would be a third wheel.

I'm sure I'm missing the big picture tho.. can someone fill me in..
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: Oct 2009 Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank