Pregnancy: Oct 2009 Babies Community
losing weight during second trimester

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2009.

losing weight during second trimester

right im 16 weeks pregnant today and was looking back at my pregnancy tracker, i have lost loads of wieght during the last two weeks. i put on about 10 lbs in first trimester up to 142 lbs but now i am down to only 127 lbs.....  is this ok?? please help me cos im worried but dont want to call my midwife unnecciserily.... its not even like my diet has changed, and im stil eating just as much. =(
Hmmm....That is a little strange. I am 16 weeks and 3 days today. Doing the first trimester my scale showed I was not gaining any weight at all but when I went to the doctors office the scale showed that I gained 5 pounds. I know my reason for not gaining so quickly, its because I had a lot morning sickness. Have you been sick a lot?
So you went from 142 down to 127 in the last 2 weeks? Am I understanding that correctly? I would definitely call your midwife about that. If you gain too much too fast or lose too much too fast, they should know about it. I know I lost 5 pounds in the first trimester due to morning sickness (or all day sickness!) and in the last 2 weeks I gained it all back. I would just give them a ring so they know what's going on. It may be nothing at all.
sorry it went from 142 to 136 i read the thing wrong.... not had any sickness what so ever, but did put on about 8-10 lbs in first rimester so maybe that weight gain is just settling now?? or maybe was the eccess water seeing as it has been really hot here last week or so?? so that could make me lighter?? called up midwife but she said not to worry as i saw her last week and everything was perfect.... still dont stop me worrying i even feel like my bump has gone down....