Pregnancy: Oct 2010 Babies Community
Bottles for breastfed babies

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2010.

Bottles for breastfed babies

For those of you breastfeeding mothers, what kind of bottles do you use when you bottle feed? At first my daughter would take only bottle so I didn't have this problem, but now that she is breastfeeding she doesn't want the bottle anymore. She just feels the bottle nipple with her tongue and then spits it out. I only want to use it when we are out in public, but it's so difficult because she won't take a bottle. I have tried the Avent, Playtex drop ins, BornFree, MAM, ThinkBaby, Playtex Advanced, Nuk, and some other bottles I can't remember, but she won't take them. Any suggestions? Could it be the milk?
Have you tried Dr Browns bottles?  I like them the best because they can attach to my pump.  My guess is it's more so her preference to have the boob.  Who gives her the bottle?  If it's someone other than you she might be ok with taking the bottle.

Have you smelled or tasted your milk?  After at least 24 hours your milk does change flavor in most cases, if heat it up right after pumping it'll help keep it tasting fresh (you can read about that online, I've never done it).  Some babies will also refuse milk that has been frozen, and only drink fresher stuff.
I use the playtex drop in bottles and my Peri doesnt care. LOL she will drink fresh, frozen or formula she just wants to eat. LOL
@ Ready_4_Baby_2- My daughter is a picky baby just like her older sister. I have the playtex drop in bottles but she refuses them.

@cocacolapanda- I don't like the Dr Brown bottles. Beside the whole washing hassel, they leak. I had those with my oldest and they would just leak everywhere. I haven't tried having someone else give her the bottle, but when I give her the bottle, it's formula.