Pregnancy: Oct 2010 Babies Community
Burning around my belly button

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2010.

Burning around my belly button

Does any one else feel like around their belly button is on fire and burning onthe inside! It hurts and burns right around my belly button and I hate it. Anything I can do?
I had that in my first pregnancy when my skin was dry, try putting lotion that does not have alcohol in it or even a little baby oil to help moisten the skin.  If your skin isn't dry then I'm not really sure.  You may want to mention it to your dr at the next visit (or a call if it gets too bad/annoying).
Oo good idea I'm gonna try the lotion asap! Thanks
Is it the skin burning, or pain from the inside of your body?  Also is it mainly when the baby pushes against it?  I had this with my second baby and never knew what it was ... wasn't noticeable after she was born.  This time it started again so I asked the dr to check it out ... turns out I have a small umbilical hernia.  Not a big deal, he's not concerned and said it isn't big enough to even worry about.  Of course there are things to watch for to make sure it doesn't become incarcerated.   I just push back against the baby when she pushes in that area and that eases the pain...

Hope it's just a dry skin problem though!
it's probably your skin stretching a little... a lot of girls will get a few stretch marks around their navel area. Lately my skin has been itching/stinging a lot. Definitely try some Palmers tummy butter, you can get it at your local Wal-Mart or Target... it's good stuff. I use it all over my belly!! Well until I found this organic stuff that was even better... if you'd like, I can send you a link you'd that gives you a great discount on it!! :-)  
Thanks gals! I have been putting off asking my doc but I'm going to tomorrow when I see him cus it hurts and burns bad sometimes like a hot poker. I have been using more lotion but doesn't seem to help. I guess I'll see what doc has to say. Thanks again.
I got that feeling for the first time yesterday...it's weird on the inside. I also have a sensitive belly button and the more it pushes out the more sensitive it gets. That's kinda what I chalked it up to.
I just asked my doc about it today (had the same belly button pain on the "inside") and she said it is the baby growing and causing your skin to stretch. Nothing to worry about.
Yeah my doc said the same thing. So not worried any more thank gosh, but I was informed that I will b delivering in a couple weeks now instead of October so baby will be bout 37 wk! Very excited!