Pregnancy: Oct 2010 Babies Community
Can you feel your uterus at 8 weeks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2010.

Can you feel your uterus at 8 weeks?

I am 8 weeks and I cant feel my uterus yet. I have had a child already and you would think I know all about pregnancy but I forgot. So ladies could you feel your uterus at 8 weeks? I know it is still small and will eventually get to where I can feel it but so far the only thing that lets me know that I am pregnant is the morning sickness. Ugh I hate worrying about my little bean!
I don't think you can, it's basically behind your pelvic bone until 12 weeks.  A dr or nurse may be able to feel it, but you feeling it would be a bit hard at that stage.  Also, I tried feeling it and I think around 20 weeks was when I could actually feel how big it was with my first pregnancy, before that I had a hard time finding it.

At 11 weeks it's the size of a grapefruit, I'm not sure how bit it is at 8 weeks.  Also, I wouldn't relay on how big your uterus is as far as proving your pregnant, I had a missed miscarriage and mine kept "growing" right on track.  I'm sure everything is just fine!  I wish morning sickness was my only symptom.
Cocacolapanda is right.It pops out from behind the uterus at 12 weeks, which is usually when the doctor can start to feel it. I think it takes a bit longer for us to be able to feel it. I had a missed miscarriage as well, at 12 weeks, and the doctor told me that, and my uterus was growing at the same rate as well. The only thing different with me was some weird symptoms, and the baby had stopped growing.
If you are having morning sickness then I would think everything is going good. I didn't have morning sickness with my m/c. It is natural to worry, you are a Mom after all  :)
I am about 12 weeks pregnant and had a Dr app today, she had a feel for the baby but couldnt feel anything she didnt seemed worried but i am now, should the Dr be able to feel anything yet