Pregnancy: Oct 2010 Babies Community
Do you get out of breath????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2010.

Do you get out of breath????

Every night when I'm cleaning up my house after my daughter is in bed, when I bend over to pick something off the floor, I get winded!! I am a Zumba dance instructor!! I dance to Latin, African, hip-hop, reggaeton, and all kinds of FAST music and do just fine... so why does this happen??

Do any of you get out of breath from just bending over?? And it's far worse at night!!!

Also, does anyone feel a very STRONG PRESSURE IN THEIR HEAD when they bend over for a few seconds? Like all the blood rushing to your head? I was trying to get a toy from under the couch and it felt like all the blood rushed to my head and it was very uncomfortable!

Is that pretty normal??
Yes, I have that issue more so at night as well.  I'm not in the best shape, but find that much more than walking winds me.  My guess is since you teach Zumba that you do so much during the day that you'r just worn out by the night.  I was told that if that happens to sit down and relax.  I also have the Pressure in the head you describe as well.

I actually have an issue where I faint easily if I don't keep it under control and pregnancy makes it worse.  I've actually come close to fainting twice this pregnancy.

When pregnant you do tend to have more blood, but you have less blood for your body as it's all helping the baby.  I found that around 6-7 weeks is when I really starts to get the worst, then it gets bad again in the third trimester.  
Thanks!! I am in good shape, I'm thin and I don't have any health problems so I figured it had to be something with the pregnancy but wondered if it was bad... but it's definitely worse at night so maybe you're right, I just need to take it easy a little more. I'm definitely exhausted by the end of that day!  
yup, if you ever get out of breath or feel dizzy sit down and drink a little watter.  That's what I've been told a million different times, and it does work.
Good to know, thank you!! I hate that pain I get in my head when I try to look under the bed, or under the couch for my daughters toys, it's fairly painful... not a good feeling, that's for sure. I guess that has to do with the extra blood in my body from the pregnancy!
Tasha..I totally get the out of breath thing....it has something to do with the alveoli or capilarries in the lungs....You should check out the "what to expect when you're expecting" book...it has answers to all those bizarre symptom questions!  
And I also have had the head pressure thing..I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I am afraid though I also have another head cold!!  I just got over one 3 weeks ago!!!  Ugh....

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Ha ha! I have that book, so I'll have to pull it out again. I haven't read it since I was pregnant with my daughter... she's now 20 months old. I guess I need to read it again to remind myself about these types of symptoms... amongst many others!! Thanks!