Pregnancy: Oct 2010 Babies Community
Hospital Bag

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2010.

Hospital Bag

Ladies,

What have you packed in your hospital bag? I thought I would keep it basic this time and have a bag the size of a carry on bag. Last time I packed too much stuff.

I have packed:
2 Night gowns
Going home outfit for me.
Going home outfit for Peri
Picture outfit for Peri
About 3 outfits for Peri in the hospital
Tolietries (Pads, Toothbrush, contacts, deorotant etc)

Am I missing something?
You forgot a blanket for baby. You are really keeping it to a minimum. I'm taking a carry on for me and a diaper bag with baby things. I'm taking a night gown, socks, robe, slippers, tolietries, make-up, and a nursing bra for me. For the baby I'm taking 2 outfits for the stay, a picture outfit, socks, mittens, hats, recieving blanket, and regular blanket. I might have forgotten something, but most of it is listed on here. Since I'm having a c-section I know I'll be there a little longer so I'm also taking my laptop. Don't forget to take your car seat!!!
For Me:

2 pairs on lounge outfits
hospital gown
going home outfit
underwear
bra and sports bra
toiletries (tooth brush, tooth paste, shampoo, conditioner, loofah, body wash, nipple cream, etc.)
book
laptop
camera

Diaper Bag:

2 outfits
2 pairs of mittens
2 pairs of socks
2 hats
1 bottle
2 pacifiers
1 blanket
3 receiving blankets
mini music player (so she can get used to it before we go home)

I'm sure I'm forgetting something that I packed but that is basically the gist of it.
I also put insome food spare clothes for my hubby and bathers in case he gets in the shower bath with me or needs a clean top after bub is born. Make sure u pack phone charger and cameras before u leave and have all the phone numbers u need and heat bags.
And nappies and bibs wraps and blanket as well feels like u can take in heaps but better to have more.
People keep saying a picture outfit?? What does this mean?
My bag has the following:

Me:
2 nightgowns
1 robe
3 underwear
toothbrush & toothpaste (for me & hubby)
Going home outfit
2 change of clothes for hubby
lotion & bodywash with loofah
(gotta get a nursing bra & sports bra still)

Baby:
receiving blanket
going home outfit (sleeper with hat)
onesie
blanket
carseat

How many outfits are we supposed to take to the hospital for the baby?
I have two bags one for me and the DH and one for Naomi.

DH and my bag
Snacks for labor or postpartum
Cd to relax with
Socks
Slippers
Robe
Phone Numbers
Birth Plan Copies
Sports bra nursing bra and pads for bra
Toiletries
Going home outfit
Underware
Lap Top
Camera
Phone Chargers

Diaper Bag
Two outfits
Two sleep sacks
Socks
Hair ribbion
brush
reciving blanket
blanket
wipes
diapers
hat
scratch mittens

And of course the car seat

Cyn_x0
A lot of hospitals take your babies first picture before you go home. That way you can have a picture to show everyone  or put on the Web Nursery site for out of town relatives if the hospital has one.
If you wear contacts don't forget glasses and an extra pair of contacts JUST IN CASE. haha
Lip balm
Baby book for footprints
Oh Thanks-

So what do you usually choose for the picture outfit? I'm having a girl- So what a dress? (I thought that would be hard to get a newborn into)

Yea I had to pack extra contacts for hubby as well just in case since it seems anytime we're away or something is when he has something go wrong lol
I am picked out two cute coming home outfits that I like since the hospital I am going to does the pictures before you leave to go home. So I guess it depends on the hospital. I would call and ask where your gonna deliver at weather they do it or not and if so when they do it. Then go from there. If its soon after birth pick and outfit u like and put her in it for long enough for the pic. if they do it like my hospital just pick a cute coming home outfit.
Yeah you don't need to pack a whole bunch of outfits for baby. Most hospital's automatically put them in the clothes they have since its usually easier to get on and off when they are examining the baby then pj's and the like. You really only need the going home outfit and a picture outfit if you are going to do pictures.
Thanks-

What do you reccommend for a girl? A dress right?
I try to pack light... no matter where I'm going.

My bag has:

going home outfit for me
a sweater for me
warm socks
underwear
slippers
MP3 player
Camera
2 newborn diapers (the hospital provides quite a few)
2 going home outfits for baby (depending on weather)
2 baby blankets. 1 heavy and 1 light blanket
Clothes for my husband (pajama pants and t-shirt)
Toiletries- tooth brush, tooth paste, hair brush, eye liner & mascara, bar of soap, and a small bottle of 2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner.
Snacks for my husband so he doesn't have to leave to get food! (granola bars, gummy snacks, peanut butter crackers, fruit leather, and juice)

That's all!! ...I hope I have everything I need!

Its up to you what you want her to wear. I personally think newborn babies look silly in frilly dresses so if I get pictures done in the hospital she's going to wear footsie pjs or whatever the heck they are called.
Ok...what does everyone pack as far as food goes!? I have bought pringles and I actually got gatorade for myself for the electrolytes...my midwife said that's really good to have. Other than that...I'm not sure what to pack.  
I've packed light too...I've only packed assuming I'd be there for a day or so but I know DH can grab me anything from home if I want too.
I'm not bringing food this time.  I just packed some clothing for me to go home in, clothing for baby to go home in, and some picture outfits.  Slippers, tooth brush, hair things, extra pads (incase we end up at family's house instead of going home).  Also, travel wine glasses, bottle of wine and a wine opener :)  
Thanks for the input everyone. I did forget a blanket for Peri. I finally found a dress over the weekend for her to wear for her pictures. It isn't really a big deal dress. I just wanted something really cute. I'm trying my best to pack lightly and I didnt pack anything for my husband. I guess I'll throw something in there for him. Since this is our 2nd and he will probably be going back and forth from home to the hospital I didnt think I needed to. I did pack a toothbrush for him LOL.