Pelvic Exam at 35 weeks
Ok ladies my Ob told me at my last visit two weeks ago that at my 35 week appointment she was going to do a pelvic exam. I was just wondering what I should expect and should I be worried at all about it? I really dont like getting the exams done but if she needs to do it to tell if I may be dilating or to check my cervix I will be ok with it. I just want to know what to expect.
The doctor just puts on a rubber glove, some lubricant, and sticks his/her hand up your vagina and feels around your cervix to see if you are dilated or effaced yet. It doesn't really hurt but you do feel a lot of pressure and maybe some slight pain or discomfort.

I agree with Fresh...its like your regular appointment. Short and Sweet.
Yup, it's not too bad, And some dr's will do them weekly after 35 weeks, others will do it every other week or when they feel necessary.
Hey ... just happened across this post Tiffie, although I know it's a month old.  It seems you survived your 35 week pelvic exam.  

Now ... imagine this.  Because of the constant contractions since early in my pregnancy ... I have had a total of 1 appt that didn't involve a pelvic and I'm 35 weeks!  That is just not fair!  :(