Preterm Labor 33 weeks
So this past thursday I called my doctor about some back pain I'd been having and she said it was probably just the baby putting pressure on me but I could go get a non-stress test if it didn't go away. So I went to the hospital thinking they would tell me the baby was pushing on my spine and to go home and lay down.

Turns out I had been having regular contractions was dilated to 3 1/2 or 4cm and about 60% effaced! I had absolutely no clue I was in labor at only 32 weeks 6 days. Anyway, they rushed me to the maternity/triage area and I was in the hospital hooked up to Magnesium sulfate to stop contractions Thursday afternoon until today, Monday. I am now on bedrest until at least 36 weeks gestation; my question is has anyone else ever gone into preterm labor this early and ended up going "full term" or at least 37 weeks? If not how long were you able to stay pregnant before going into labor again?
I haven't been in preterm labor like that but I wish you Luck! Im sure everything will turn out fine.
There are a lot of ladies on the pregnancy 18-35 forum that have had preterm labor and had it stopped and then ended up being late for their due dates when actually delivering their babies. As long as you take it easy I'm sure you can keep your little one in there baking! :)
I have a friend on another forum who was dilated to a 4 for a full month before she went into real labor. Even with contractions and back pain she didn't have the baby early and that was without any meds to stop it (she's a very hippy-ish lady). She had her baby at 39 weeks I believe it was.
Yeah, I've heard a lot of women being dilated for a couple of weeks before anything happens, but I guess my doc was so worried because I'm only 33 1/2 weeks, wasn't even feeling most of the contractions, 3-4 cm dilated and 60% effaced. Usually the women who are dilated are around 36 weeks or more and not that effaced.

Update, I have now also lost my mucus plug. So I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.
Good luck!
I wish you luck too.... your mucus plug is able to grow back by the way. You can loose it long before labour....and hopefully that's the case for you.
I think you should just stay off your feet if anything go bak to the hospital they will try to develop the lungs more you N baby will be just fine
Best wishes girly... I read about your preterm labor in Alaysha's post first!! Scary! Just try to take it as easy as possible, have someone around to do all the things that need to get done so you can have a healthy rest of your pregnancy! I'm sorry you're on bedrest... that can't be fun, but as long as your baby is growing stronger, i guess that's what you have to focus on. This really makes me very thankful and like I should stop complaining about how long it seems like I've been pregnant!! I'm glad not be having these types of issues, so I just need to try and be patient despite my discomfort...
Keep us posted on what happens!