Swelling feet- ugh!
Hi ladies. I am wondering if anyone knows if a Dr will put you on bed rest for swelling feet. I do not have high blood pressure or gestational diabetes, but this past week I wake up with swollen feet and it gets worse throughout the day. Any thoughts about what the Dr might do? I meet with her on Thursday and do not want to be put on bed rest.
I doubt the dr will unless it causes other issues.  Things that I was told with my first pregnancy is to wear support hose (some how this can help with the swelling).  Try drinking more watter, and put your feet up when you can.

I find the more walking or standing I do the more swollen my feet get.  I was really swollen with my first and was never put on bed rest, it's just normal from what I've heard.  This time around I'm not as swollen but I'm more swollen on my right side.  My midwife said it's because of the baby putting pressure on specific spots that cause more swelling in one side verses the other and said nothing to worry about.
They shouldnt put you on bedrest for swollen feet. Its a pretty common pregnancy complaint the last trimester.
I've had really swollen feet since the beginning of my pregnancy; its nowso bad that I can indent my ankles if I push on them, and the other day, even the top of my foot was swollen. I didn't get put on bed rest for that.
I don't think they will put you on bed rest. It's is so common to have swollen feet. In my first pregnancy I did notice that I delivered my daughter about 2 weeks after my swelling began. People kept telling me that I was going to have my daughter soon and I didn't believe them and they were right. With my last pregnancy (my triplets) same thing happened. I kept noticing my feet were swelling more than usual.  This time around I do have swollen feet, but it's only sometimes and it usually only happens in the later part of the day. Just try to elevate your feet and drink a lot of water. My doctor told me to drink at least 64 oz. of water everyday.
I kinda doubt they will put you on bedrest because its common. I thought it was a big deal because they check at my appointments now but when I mentioned my hands swelling they said it was normal. Drink more water, which seems like its the answer to everything.
My feet and ankles got really bad for awhile and then finally went down to a somewhat normal size.  But within the past week or two my kankles have returned.  The tops of my feet sometime get bad when I know I've had too much sodium, to the point where its uncomfortable to bend my toes back.  No bedrest but elevation whenever I'm sitting and keep the water flowing!   Hope it gets better for you : )
as long as you don't have any other med. issues they shouldn't put you on bedrest.  Just like the other girls mentioned...elevate, support hose and drinking water!  :)  
Oh man, I had the WORST swollen feet with my daughter. Ugh, it was horrible! My feet looked like those of a troll and no matter what I did they never went down. But as long as your blood pressure isn't high, you shouldn't have to be on bed rest at all. My doc said it was normal,  and really common. Luckily, my ankles, feet, and hands, go from being swollen and back to normal all the time.  As everyone else said... make sure to drink lots of water... it didn't help during my first pregnancy to make it go away, but it does with this one!!