Pregnancy: Oct 2010 Babies Community
Weekly Updates-- Part 5

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2010.

Weekly Updates-- Part 5

Hi Everyone,

Looks like we pretty much have been keeping each other updated from the other post but I thought we would put it in one place.

I'll be first...tomorrow I'll be 33 weeks and boy am I feeling it. I have a sore pelvic area that I'm currently trying icy/hot on. Its working a little but pain still not 100% gone. I can barely sleep seems like I'm tossing and turning all night. 7 more weeks left and it feels like Im 40 weeks.
I'm 33 1/2 weeks and have been having a bad week. If you read my posts from last week I tested positive of the fetal fibronectin test which means I have a good chance of delivering pre-term. I had to get steroid injections at the hospital twice last week to make sure if she does end up coming early her lungs are little more developed and I'm on strict bed rest which is boring and *****. DH went last night and bought a whole bunch of video games (what can I say I'm a nerd) and books and snacks for me so that I'll stay in one place. But its hard with a 2 1/2 year old running around. The last couple of days I've been getting contractions but they aren't exactly super regular so I'm holding off going to the hospital. Today I woke up with them not only in my back and sometimes my pubic bone area but rather in my back and tummy like I had eaten something bad. No fun. I'm trying to hold out as long as I can and am hoping that baby comes at 40 weeks and not early but I'm starting to kinda lose faith. My baby shower is this Saturday and now I get to sit around like a bump in a log during it which should be awesome.
I'll be 33 weeks on Friday and DH is driving me INSANE!! LOL Every little thing he does bothers the hell outta me for some reason. I think my hormones are running at top speed because I feel a lot more moody lately!
I just found out this week I have another UTI....not fun! So I'm trying to drink as much water as possible.
I'm not sure if it's possible but sometimes it still seems like all of this isn't real. There aren't very many weeks left and I at times still have to talk myself into the fact that we are going to have a baby.
I too have been having troubles sleeping....if I get woken up, it's really hard to go back to sleep. I lay there for over an hour and just can't seem to get comfortable. I have also been sweating buckets while sleeping, even with the A/C on!
I am 34 weeks today and I am good minus back pain and having bouts of round ligament and sciatica pain. I decided today after Lamaze class to not get an epidural and go as natural as possible. I know feel really empowered and excited. I cant believe that I have 6 more weeks till she will be here and I will be a mommy. I have my other baby shower Sunday and I hope to get most if not all of the rest of the stuff I need. I am so excited! My Dh is really great especially after last night when I had a nervous brake down. I am really glad he is so supportive and understands. He is gonna help me make sure I dont give up and keep with my no epidural idea. I love him so much. I cant wait for our little girl to get here in 6 more weeks.
I'm 34 weeks today too, not much of a change from the last few weeks other than my stress level has been through the roof.  Although that's slowly getting better :)  I'm having about 2 contractions an hour on average and I can't wait for my apt next week when she checks to see if I've diolated, etc.  Then it's weekly :)  I'm also starting school this weekend (It's every other weekend) and only 2 credits.  It's a boring class but I need it before I can start the rest of the Grad work I'll be doing next semester.  I just need to figure out how to read the book with out falling asleep!  lol.  I need to pack the hospital bag, but other than that I think I'm mostly ready for the baby (well DH needs to convert the toddler bed back to a crib setting, although it worked out well waiting because we used it this past weekend for a sleep over that was SO FUN!).

With all the labor talk, I sure hope no one is too early!  I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one trying for a more natural birth.  I'm back to being adjusted weekly from my chiropractor because things just won't stay in place anymore with all the changes.

alaysha - 1-2 weeks early isn't horrible, just try to relax and hang in there for a few more weeks.

Tiffiepooh - I hope you make it with no epidural.  Do you plan to get the IV meds if you need some form of pain management?  I went with no epidural with my first, although once the dr broke my watter (I suggest you NEVER let them do that unless it's 100% necessary) I needed something so I got the IV stuff and it was ok, made me a little loopy for part of the labor.
Yeah I decided that if I needed to have some sort of pain management if it gets to be too much that I would get some of the IV meds. I will be more ok with that than the epidural now since I decided that I could do this. Thanks for the support.
One or two weeks isnt a big deal at all. Aspen was 2 weeks early. But the test for preterm labor guesstimates ill have her within the next two weeks making her only 35 1/2 weeks
I don't have anything fun to update. I went to put on a pair of my scrubs I haven't worn in awhile just cuz they are comfy and my thighs and bottom decided they wanted to be huge. It was a sad moment. I haven't worn jeans or any pants other than sweats since about June so I have done some serious growing in the last few months. JOY. Someday I hope to have a waist again and possibly my slender softball legs.... if not I'll start baking and wear my apron daily and become a chubby modern day June Cleaver.

Good news unrelated to the pregnancy- the remodel is ALMOST done. I just need to finish the shelves in the closet, hang the bar, make the curtains and then hang them, and buy a nice rug! I didn't kill myself doing all the work, but I did make my back sore. We slept in the new room last night and I underestimated how big a 13x20 room is with 10 ft ceilings.... I feel a little overwhelmed with the size... but it makes it nice with the rocker/glider and stool to sit next to the bed by the bassinet!

Anyways, I'm rambling to avoid homework. I have a 10 page paper due in all four classes the first week of October.... dumb idea? Yes.
I will be 33 weeks on Sunday I'm still working and i had an ultrasound on Monday because she wAs measuring 2 weeks behind at 30 weeks but all is well and my daughter is measuring right where she should now..... My pelvic pain is still there but I'm hanging in there
Well I suppose I have something to update now... I had a sonogram today. Baby is head down and he's actually measuring about 35 weeks they said. So if he comes the first day of October, I'm okay with that! I was so shocked to hear he is measuring a little large considering how small I still am! I got to see his little face really detailed and he is like his brother's identical twin! I can't wait to meet him now! I'm officially ready for October to get here already!
Thats great news szw2008! I want my OB to do another US but I'm sure thats out of the question. I've been in pain bascially all week. I had one day where I was feeling a little better but by evening I was hurting again. My heating pad worked earlier this week and it's not working now. My husband thinks this baby will give us a run for our money because of how this pregnancy is going.
Hey gals...haven't really had anything to post but I had an appointment yesterday and things look really good!  I think he's going to be huge though I am measuring on target 32-33 weeks.  From the u/s he measures 4.5 lbs but I know that is not totally accurate sometimes.  Didn't get good u/s pics..I haven't been impressed with the machine they've been using...I still think he looks like an alien...lol....
I decided on the c-section...I just couldn't chance going through what I did before with my first.  So, we are scheduled for the 11th of October.  Won't be long now!!  Little over 6 weeks!!  Yikes!!  

Congrats to everyone! It's getting closer!

My update is crazy I was hospitalized all wk, my pancreas and gallbladder don't like the baby kicking it. My doc wants me on more class c meds and I refused to take one of them cus I don't like what is said about it online. So my docs r not happy bout that. I'm already on 5 mess with 4 being class c just to keep my heart and pancrease from getting worse. I am so stressed and am feeling huge along w everyone telling me I'm big. I have my baby shower tomorrow andmy mom last minute said she wants to have it here! I am stressing bout that cus I'm not aloud to do nething so how is my house gonna get clean for tomorrow? Freaking out!
Both of my kids started school one in kindergarten and one in first grade So I have to go to the school 3 times a day, o and I have to walk cus my car broke down and my DH needs the other car for work so we can pay the bills.
On top of everything else I was told they will induce me in 3 wks! They did say it's safe so I'm not as nervous bout it but I don't  even think I'll make it to that date with all the stress and running I have to do.
I just want to cry!  
Hi ladies. I went for my 34 week appt on Thursday and the Dr is no longer doing Fetal Fibronectin test. I'm kind of bummed b/c I liked that two week window to say no you are not going into labor yet. Anyway she checked me and the cervix is closed, but baby boy has moved further down since the last two weeks. I was glad to hear I'm not dialating b/c I had to take my contractions medication twice this week. I'm actually having a Braxton Hicks contraction as I'm writing this. I look a little lopsided b/c the baby is on the left side. I am still having pelvic pain. Last night I was super crampy and had a bad headache, but feel better this morning. Still not sleeping well which I know is normal. Still swelling every day, but my Dr said I am just in that stage. Had hubby massage my feet and legs the other night. That felt nice. I'm sorry to hear that some of you are struggling. I hope things get better. Take care.
Well I am 37 weeks and will be getting my act together this week and getting everything ready for Marley! I am glad to read that everyone is doing well! I haven't been on much because I have been so busy with trying to get things organized and cleaned and I swear I have like 7 lists going!!!!