Pregnancy: Oct 2011 Babies Community
Different results on two ultrasounds

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2011.

Different results on two ultrasounds

My DH and I have two beautiful girls and are 16 wks preggo with our third child.  At 12 weeks (11 wks 6 days), my doctor did an ultrasound due to some spotting and said he was pretty sure we were having a boy.  We were shocked that he could tell so early and got really excited.  The ultrasound tech did another one last week at 16 weeks and said she didn't see boy parts and thought there were three lines.  She had a hard time getting a good look and the pictures were from the back side of the baby's bottom.  I have felt all along that this was a boy...the pregnancy has been COMPLETELY different than when I was pregnant with my girls.  Has anyone had a similar experience or been told boy only then to be told girl?  
Good LUck to you.....another couple of weeks & you can find out for sure.
I am 12 weeks pregnant & also cant wait to find out the sex.
Boys and girls look a lot alike at 12 weeks. The 16 is more likely and if you are having another around 20 you will know for sure. Good luck.
My ob won't even tell you what they think at the 12 week because it's so often wrong. I've never been told the sex at 16 weeks and then had that change so it's probably a girl. Looks like you'll have to hold out 4 more weeks for your 20 week us and find out for sure! Good luck.
Thanks ladies!  The wait is so hard!
Hi, Congrats for your preganacy (pregnancy). We are in the opposite boats. I have two boys and now trying again for a third one, we really want a girl!!!
My friend had an ultrasound done at 12 weeks for some testing and was told it was a girl. But when she went back for her 20 weeks ultrasound, she was surprised to hear that it was a boy which is what she wanted cuz she had a girl already.
Now with the 16 week ultrasound, it all depends on yout tech, the person who did my ultrasound is also a high risk preganny specialist and guaranteed that he will be able to tell the sex of the baby at 16 weeks which he did answer correctly it was a BOY.
Now in your situation I would just wait for the 20 week scan to be sure since your tech wasnt sure enought. Just hang in there and please update us with the news. GOOD LUCK.
Sabreen,
I haven't gone back in yet.  Counting down to the 24th of this month!  Regardless, we want a healthy baby...but really hoping for a boy!  Good luck to you on getting your girl!!!