Pregnancy: Oct 2011 Babies Community
It's getting close!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2011.

It's getting close!

How is everyone feeling?  Only 9 more weeks for me I'm getting a little anxious and uncomfortable. But can't wait to meet my baby girl. Still haven't picked out a name yet. Is there anyone else out there like me?
hi. same here... at 30 weeks this week. only less than 10 weeks to go. almost there, i can see the finish line. :P we're keeping the gender a surprise, so i'm curious to find out what we'll have come that special day! and yes, i'm also in the same boat. we don't have a girl name picked out should we have a girl. the boy name is already set and ready to go. i guess we'll have to wait and see! :)
Well we finally decided on a first name Arielle no middle name yet and only 8 more weeks to go. Woohoo!
that's great! arielle sounds very pretty for a little girl. we still haven't decided on a girl name... i guess we'll see what happens in the next upcoming weeks.
Did the math yesterday and I have like 30 something days left. I'm down to days now!!

How exciting to find out the gender at delivery. I have no will power and couldn't posible hold out that long lol.
I wanted to keep the gender a surprise at first but the closer it got to having that u/s the weaker I got and gave in. Lol those who wait have great will power
I still dont know...  Its hard at times, I am not buying anymore clothes now until I know etc...  If they send me for my weight assessment ultrasound after my next OB appointment and they offer to tell me or are willing to, I will take them up on it for sure as its a different department then the general ultrasounds and I heard they will tell you there so we will see..

68 days to go.. My baby needs to stay in there as long as its healthy in there as it is small..I am really anxious now since my doctors appointement, I swear my belly gets smaller everyday..   Its got to be psychological because every day this week, a new person has told me that i am getting so much bigger over the last couple days but i dont see it..  

The 23rd needs to come faster...
We don't have any names picked out either. We also chose not find out the gender. So we have to come with a girl and boy name too. I'm getting excited though. We put our crib up yesterday. now just need to go through my clothes and pull out gender nuetral ones. October can't get here fast enough.
yeah, i don't blame you guys for finding out the gender. i feel like now that i'm getting close to the birth date, i'm very curious to find out myself also. i have no idea what this baby will be whether it's a boy or a girl. either is fine, as long as the baby's healthy and we both come out of it okay. :P
Not knowing does make it more exciting my sister didn't find out with her first and when she was in labor we all made bets on what we thought he was going to be.  
I ended up in the hospital for risk of ptl. So i had another us and found out. Im having a girl and am so happy!  So far still going strong,  she has scored 8 out of 8 on her assessment tat measures activity fluid lvls,  etc.  Cervix is still closed but very short. Im on bedrest until at least you34 weeks.  I might get to go on bed rest at home in the next little bit if things havent worsen. Hoping i have at least 6 more weeks still be actual labor.  One day at a time, havent actually gone into labor yet or needed contractions stopped so hopefully i can still make it full term.  31 Weeks now.
I have a feeling petitewonder  you will be just fine. Just rest while you can and it will be October before you know it. I had to go to my ob yesterday because I was cramping. The baby is fine and my dr wasn't so concern about my cramping as he was my blood pressure and heart rate my bp was 86/60 and my heart rate 142bpm so I was sent to see a cardiologist who put me on a heart monitor for 24 hours. So we will see what happens. Never expected this to happen.    
Went to the dr yesterday and the baby is measuring two weeks bigger so I might have a september baby.
I'll be in September too! Two weeks bigger almost makes you think it's a boy since girls always seem to smaller. What do you think?
Oh lol nevermind I thought you were waiting it out, but saw at the top of the post you said girl.
Ya that's what I told my dr I guess I will just be having a little fat girl. Lol. Fat babies are cute they're not as fragile lol
I may have a sept baby too,  though i want to make it to october. But to have an oct baby, i need to hold out until almost 38weeks
I LOVE fat babies! Maybe because I've never had one, but my dh and I are always cooing over the fat babies we see.

Petite, I think I would have to make it to 39 weeks and no way is that happening.
6 more weeks to go for me.  I am so exhausted lol.  He dropped 2 weeks ago so it could be anytime but I heard they can drop a month before.  We shall see if he holds out to Oct or decides to make an early appearance :)
I have 5 more weeks to go. I really hope I make it to Oct. There are to many birthdays in my family at the end of September. We don't have any October babies. So we will see.
Only 26 more days left. I can't wait to meet my baby girl. I haven't had the energy to do anything though. I thought I would be nesting by this point but nothing. How soon before did you guys start nesting for the new baby?
I have 36 days left... Nesting for me has been off and on.. I found all week I was so nauseated, I couldnt get anything done..then yesterday, I was scrubbing the walls in the baby rooms.....  but i have been nesting off and on since probably 28-30 weeks... I was on bedrest from 31-34 weeks and during that period, I wanted to do everything... (probably because I couldnt).... but then 34 weeks hit and i started going crazy - washing all the baby stuff, packing the hospital bag, cleaning like crazy.. then 2 days later, nausea hit and i couldnt find the motivation
Yes I've been nesting on and off as well. It took until about 2 weeks ago for it to really kick in and we have the nursery completed (just need to put up the blinds and valances) and I cleaned my entire house. Now I'm annoyed again because we had my baby shower yesterday and my house looks like a tornado hit again and there is stuff everywhere! I'm finding it difficult to find the energy to clean the entire house again : /  

My next goal is packing the hospital bag, washing all his new clothes and blankets, and installing the carseat.
October is just around the corner! Starting to get nervous now. Lol
I am having night time throw up spells along with my contractions.  Totally normal for me as we get closer.  The other night had a couple spells of diarrhea which is typical with the pressure getting more and more.  Bending down is a chore.  I mopped the floors last week and waxed them.  Got the hospital bag packed and washed all the baby blankets.  Also making sure I sleep as much as I can to keep my energy up.  I do not want to get a cold now... with the weather changing everyone is getting sick so just trying to take extra precaution where I can.  I don't think that we will make it to our due date October 16th, think it will be earlier.
Couple more weeks left! I'm 2 cm and 80% effaced.
i wish i can say i'm doing fantastic leading up to october. with only a couple more weeks to go, i'm still trying to get over a cold. i know, it's awful! doesn't make things any easier. for the most part everything is pretty much in place except for that hospital bag. yes, slacking a bit here. must pack that soon.
I started having contractions pretty close together last night.. that were quite cramping and would start in my lower back/butt then move up and around... I was starting to think it might be turning into real labor but then I went pee and all went away ...  just very intense false labor..

Im so paranoid about not knowing im in labor and showing up too late at the hospital.. i know people say you will know but there have been people on here who didn think they were in labor and hten when they finally go in, they are 5-6c mdialted
With my first I was very anxious about waiting to long before going in. But I do believe it is true you will know. Your contractions will start to develop a patter and will not stop for nothing they will just get more intense with time. I can't wait only 10 more days until my due date but I really think that its going to happen sometime this next weekend:)
I still have 25 days which feels like a eternity... However getting last items ready for baby and we are very excited to have this baby and start lovin on him/her.
I love reading your posts ladies, haven't been on for a bit just have been getting everything together.  I swear everything that can break down has in this past month.  And at the same time every opportunity that can happen has too.  It has been quite the month.  I feel like I could give birth literally at any moment.  We just turned 37 weeks on Sunday and I just came home from the grocery store after walking around the store with some strong contractions, lol

I can't wait to hold our baby that's for sure.  Definitely keep us updated :)
Well October is finally here. I have 5 more days until my due date and I'm starting to get anxious I want this little girl to come out. I'm like a kid at Christmas and can't wait. I think because it has been such a long road that I can't believe its almost time. After 5 years of ttc and many disappointments it finally happened. So knowing we are this close is a little nerve racking and exciting. Can't wait to meet my Arielle hopefully it happens soon.
Oh the frustration.. When I went to the hospital on Tuesday night with the contractions that were 3-5 mins apart and they told me I was only 1 cm 75% effaced, I was like well this could be a while.. I asked the nurse if I would still be pregnant in 5 days and she said no way... I believe her a bit.. figuring it was my first, I was having regular contractions so it could be true..

Go back wednesday night - 3 cm 90% effaced... man im making progress maybe it will be happening soon......  

Unfortunately when I went abck on thursday after continuing to have regular contractions that had gotten extremely painful, I was 3Cm still but more effaced.... then the contractions pretty much stopped..

since 9 30am, I have been having contractions again, fairly regular probably every 5 mins ( i decided not to time them again until they get more painful)... some pain and cramping.. lots of pressure but not really surprising since baby is at station 0...

but still no active labor yet..... tomorrow is day 5 so I guess that nurse is probably going to be wrong.
When I went to the dr on Thursday I was also 3 cm and 90% efaced. But still no contractions. Every once in a while I will have some mild pain but nothing! I'm ready to get this started.
Hi ladies!!  Gave birth this morning at 1:14AM to a little boy.  Was a posterior birth so back labor, but we did it!
Congrats seattlemom. When were you due?  
I was due October 16th, but started labor October 3rd, he was ready to come out and came out naturally.
FINALLY in labor!! My water broke this morning so now its only a matter of hours. Can't wait!
omg congratulations, keep us posted!!
Well baby Arielle has arrived weighing in at 8lbs 6ozs and 21 inches long. Birth story to follow.
Congratulations!!! i am so jealous!! I want to have this baby now but I know she wont come until she is ready because I have already tried everything ever since I had my stunt with the early labor a week and a half ago.
Congrats hopefulmom17, that is great news.  All these babies being born makes me want mine now, but like petite said the baby will come when it's ready, just wish it were now.  13 days...
Just hang in there girls. I know how hard those last few days are. Its like you get so desperate you don't know what to do anymore. I do suggest lots of sex and make sure with that you have the big "O" so it works right.  Lol.
Hi ladies. Just an update. It's a girl. Baby Victoria arrived this morning! Mommy and baby are doing great. We're just trying to get as much rest as we can now. I'm so happy she's finally arrived. Good luck ladies, for all of you who are still waiting. You'll do great! :)
Congratulations! I'm glad she's finally here. Aren't they just so precious? :)
Congratulations on your baby girl mzrichee!  Enjoy your baby moon!
Congratulations on the baby girl!!!
Thanks girls. We're finally home now. Feels so good to have her home.
I know what you mean, it's such a relief to get hime from the hospital and start your new routine.