Pregnancy: Oct 2012 Babies Community
HELP ME PLEASE! Daughter 31 wks and using drugs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2012.

My 19 year old daughter is due October 16, 2012 with her first child. The babies father and her are together and he is addicted to methadone. He has got my daughter taking pills for the past year. She is taking 2mg Xanax bars pretty much every day, she has a prescription but under false pretenses. She was getting them to sell and now is abusing them. She has taken up to eight (8) 2mg Xanax bars in one day, also I know she is/has taken Methadone, 10mg Ambien, weed and who knows what else. I am very concerned for her and my first grandchild. Her boyfriend is a liar, thief, and drug addict. He has taken everything from my daughter and caused the whole family so much heartache. My daughter had a full scholarship to law school, a car, a place to live, a job, money and because of him, she has nothing and she doesn't see what he is doing to her and the family. I don't know what to do. She doesn't see the harm she is doing to her baby, herself or the family. What do I do?
I really don't know what to tell you. But if they find traces of any drugs in her system at the doctors or after giving birth they may take her baby away from her. Id suggest talking to her doctor about it all, and possibly talking about allowing you to care for the baby and have u as the gaurdian.

Talk to her first though and don't tell her what she is or isn't doing just simply ask if she's doing drugs and that your concerned that u want her to prosper in life and not go down the drain. With bf problems that's something she's going to have to learn the hard way sadly enough.
Just don't let that baby get hurt,  you may nit be the one carrying it but I can see you care so do what u have to DO to make sure its ok.
Let ur daughter learn the hard way if she wants to be stubborn but never stop to care for both.
I am so sorry to hear about all of this. I'm commenting on here because I am also 19 and going through the same thing, and what do you know MY DUE DATE IS OCTOBER 16th too except I'm 36 weeks..which is weird. But the father of my child is the same as the father of your daughters. He takes the same drugs and smokes weed and will not be a part of my daughters life, he honestly has no clue im pregnant either because I'm not showing! I'm sorry to say that if your daughter loves him she won't stop talking to him. But the good news is is that I didn't know I was pregnant the first 7 months of my pregnancy and I took drugs and drank all summer long and it turns out I'm having a completely healthy girl. So it doesn't always affect the baby, but I would try and get her to stop because she shouldn't have a baby if she can't stop taking drugs. She needs to realize she needs to grow up and start to be a mother.