Pregnancy: Oct 2012 Babies Community
Vaginal culture?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2012.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vaginal culture?

At my last OB visit I had a vaginal culture done (21 weeks pregnant). This was the first internal I've had with this dr. I explained that at my last gyn appt 2 years ago, I was STD/STI tested as well as tested for vaginal infections. I've been in a monogamous relationship with my partner for 4 years, my current OB knows this. I have NEVER had an STD/STI, vaginal infection, HPV.  I requested no spec due to past experiences (I was "clipped" on multiple visits by multiple doctors). I do NOT have any symptoms of an STD/STI (discharge, itching, burning, etc). I've had 2 dozen blood tests and 2 thorough urine cultures (1 at the ER due to pain in my right kidney) all came back normal/negative. What was the culture for? My OB did NOT use a speculum (just 1 or 2 fingers), swabbed me and then broke the tips of the 2 swabs into a vial of clear liquid. At one point, I had a sharp spasm in the back of my vag. What was being tested and how (true vag swab or spec-free cervical)? Can a cervical test be done without a speculum?
It might have been to test for strep b and just normal pap stuff. Idk though I would just call the doc and ask just to clear your mind. Gl! :)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: Oct 2012 Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...