Pregnancy: Oct 2013 Babies Community
Heartbeat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2013.

Heartbeat

Hi, just wanting to reassure myself... I am 14 weeks and 3 days.. I had an appointment today and she couldn't find the heartbeat. The doctor said it is still probably too early, but a friend of mine who works in ob says I should be able to find it by now.  I was a little disappointed and worried when I couldn't hear it. Also, I still have no weight gain, but my stomach is puffed out quite noticeably so I don't really understand the no weight gain yet? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Your doc should be able to find a heart beat. I am 14wk2days....but my sweet pea sometimes hide under my pulse so it takes longer to find. Infact one nurse took 20 mins. The doc should be able to find heart beat on the vaginal ultrasound though.
I have actually lost weight even though I have a noticable bump, so dont sweat about not gaining weight. As for the heartbeat, maybe the equipment at the office you went to wasnt sensitive enough. At my last appt the midwife switched doppler machines because the first one was all static. But they should really be able to see it in an ultrasound. Good luck :)
I went at 10weeks and doctor couldnt find it..mhe sent me for an ultrasound so I would be reassured everything was ok. If your insurance will cover it id call my dr office and ask for another ultrasound. Cause I know every day until I saw my baby on the monitor heart beating strong was hell!! I was consumed by thoughts of something being wrong!
i know how u feel, my doc tried 2 find babys heartbeat last week but cudnt, i have an app in the morning ill be 12 weeks 2moro. my sister told me that the doc cudnt find her babys heart beat until she was 19 weeks!!!! lots of ppl told me that the doc should not look for it until ur at least 16 weeks so dot worry!!!!!
You're supposed to be able to hear it around 8 weeks. And if not.. at least see it on a scan. I'm WAAAY to parinoid to wait almost halfway through. 16 weeks is just crazy.
i went for my midwives yesterday and heard my lil ones heart beating i am 11+1 today it took her a while to find it bit she dd in the end i wouldnt worry at all im sure your babys doing well. the midwive told me that if your uterus is in a weird position it can make it hard to hear x
Your placenta is likely on the front it makes it hard to hear them sorry hon