Pregnancy: Oct 2013 Babies Community
Hi and Congrats Everyone!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2013.

Hi and Congrats Everyone!

I thought it might be a good idea for everyone to introduce themselves briefly and give their due dates - we will hopefully be spending 9 months together so lets get to know each other a bit.

I am 42 and have a 2 year old son (a graduate of the Sept 2010 forum).  I met my husband later in life (at 39) so having children came pretty late for me.  I always wanted children and was beyond thrilled that I was able to conceive my son quickly.  This one took much longer but again I am over the moon that I finally got that BFP - I was really beginning to doubt that it would happen.  Now if I can only stop worrying- I find that I am worrying more this time around, largely because of my age. I am due Oct 12th.
I have a 10 yr old daughter (11 in April) and an 8 yr old daughter (9 in May).  I found out three days ago I'm pregnant with number 3, I'm 5 wks tomorrow, and due October 10.
I am 26 and have a 14 month old daughter (Dec 2011 group). After finally getting my periods back after breast feeding my daughter, my husband and I got lucky on our first try! I'm very nervous as haven't got any symptoms (but didn't really have any with my daughter either).  I should be due 14 Oct!
I'm 5 weeks 4 days pregnant and so excited!  We had been trying since january 2012.  This will be our first time expecting.  I haven't told my husband yet, I'm waiting until Valentines day to break the news!  It's so hard keeping it secret!  
34 and expecting #3. Have 2 boys ages 6&2. Really shocked to be expecting so  quickly. Just told the hubs i was ready at christmas. Should be about five weeks. Due Oct. 13. First pregnancy was a m/c. Last two births were c-sections at 37&36 weeks. Pretty sure we are going to have another c. Hoping for good first appt on the 27th.
That is such a lovely idea-I wish I'd been a bit more creative in how I told my husband!! I bet you're really having to bite your tongue though!!
HI All, Im 36 and have a 7yr old girl, and a 14mth boy after 2 1/2 years of ttc , and now preggy with # 3 after 6mths of ttc andDue Oct 4 .  Im 6 weeks today :)   I wanted to wait to tell dh for his birthday yesterday or valentines day unfortunately the dr office called right when dh got home from work to confirm my numbers  lol so kinda hadd to tell him
Is anyone gonna find out gender?  I waited with my first, found out with my second and im def finding out this time so i can start to sell all the clothes i wont be needing  lol
Found out with my first as hubby went out to Afghanistan and may not have made it home in time for the birth (he did tho!), so we wanted to have a name picked out! Deffo going to find out again-too impatient!!
I'm 27  years old and I just found out that I'm expecting my  third child I'm very nervous. I have a 9 year old son, and an 18 month old daughter. I'm due October  10.
We found out with our first, tried with our second but she was uncooperative with the ultrasound. Definately goin to try and find out with this one.
Welcome everyone.  I have to say I am impressed with those of you who are managing to keep things hush hush to surprise your husbands - you have way more will power than me!!

Tomorrow I will compile a list of everyone's names and due dates - and then we can add gender as we find out!

I am on the fence about finding out - but I most likely will.  I plan to do the blood genetic testing at 10 weeks and that also tells you gender if you want to know.
I keep posting in the wrong areas lol! But I'm Jessica I'm 24, approximately 4 weeks pregnant with my rainbow baby. My daughter would be three as of January 22 :(
I found out a couple of days ago I am pregnant with my first baby. We are absolutely over the moon and cannot wait for all the milestones. Baby Kermit, our nickname as we are in tadpole week, is due 14th october. So excited!!
Hey everyone!! Im 26 and have a 7yr old son and a 4yr old daughter I recently had a mc in October and just found out we are expecting again should be due October 16! We are super excited but I am also very very nervous.
January 2012 I had my first baby, and she passed away after 11 days. I just found out on the 6th that I am pregnant again. We are very excited and nervous due around October 16th:)
So I have onechild boy he will be three in may work in a call  center this pregnancy was very unexpected. But i'm still excited and scared. My soon was born three months premature so i'm nervous about this one.looking forward to the ride
Hi, I'm 28 and expecting my first baby. I'm now 6 weeks and 6 days. I started to experience nausea and worry about many things. I'm gladi I found this forum :) If everything goes well my due will be om October 4th.
Hi! Im pregnant with our first, and due on October 13! I'm so excited I can barley believe its true :) I'm 5w4d.
Happy Valentine's day!
Hi I am 22the married for a lil over 2yrs. Just found out we are having our first baby October 6. Is my due date. I love children and so excited to have my own soon.
Hi everyone!
Im 20 yrs old and im 5 weeks. Im due around Oct. 16. My husband and i got married this past december and wanted to start right away. Luckily it only took us a few trys and we were set! This is my first baby and i couldnt be more excited. When i told my husband he about cried. I've always wanted children and this is the first of my family:)
I pray god gives everyone a healthy pregnancy!
Hi everyone.
I am almost 28, am in my 6th week and I also have a son who turns 4 in April. We are expecting his sibling to arrive on Oct 11, but am waiting for an ultrasound soon as my doctor believes my date could be off by 6 weeks. Possible breakthrough bleeding in Jan, that I assumed was a period, may alter my EDD... so I may actually end up joining the Aug group instead with a due date of Aug 24.
I feel I am most likely correct with the Oct date as I recognized my first pregnancy at 5 1/2 weeks, and recognized this one at 4 1/2 weeks... I find it hard to believe that I hadn't noticed until 10 1/2 weeks, but I don't have morning sickness like I did with my son (vomiting/nausea were constant with my first. Threw up religiously from before I knew I was pregnant right up until the end of my Emerg C-section)
im due october 1st with first, im 32 and really hating the morning sickness.
Hi I'm 32 and have a 2 daughters 12 and 6 so this is number 3. We were kind of ttc for 4 years with nothing happening so this BFP is a bit of a shock.  We are originally from UK but moved to Germany last July. I don't speak any German so I'm pretty nervous how everything with doctors works here. I haven't been to a doctor yet but from my LMP I should be due October 16th.
Hello all!  I'm 33 and have a little boy who will be 2 in April.  I am pregnant with our 2nd and due Oct. 24th from my calculations.  I am not sure how accurate that is since I haven't yet been to the Dr.  My son was conceived via IVF and this time I conceived naturally!!!  Completely shocked but very nervous as to what is to come.  Just praying that I have a sticky BFP!!  
I'm 27 expecting my first. I am 5 weeks 1 day. I am due Oct 19. I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time. Its so nice to have people I can talk to that are going through the same stuff!
Hello all you preggo mama's! My name is Dayna. I have been married to my wonderful husband for 6 years.We just found out that we were exspecting our 2nd baby and we are super excited. We have lost 3 babies due to miscarriage(low progesterone levels & blood clotting disorder) and we were blessed with our perfect baby boy on april 4th 2012. So this little one was definetly not planned, but we are still very excited. We just didn't exspect to get pregnant this soon. According to my last period I am 6 weeks along, but our ER visit today confirmed that I am only 5 weeks. I had some very light spotting when I wiped, but thank goodness it is gone now. We were only able to see a gestation sack and yolk sack, still to soon to see fetal pole. I look foward to geting to know you ladies over the next 9 months. Congrats to you all and god bless :)
Hi everyone! I am 28 years old, happily married to a wonderful supportive man. We found out that I am pregnant about a week ago. This will be my third pregnancy, and I am a little scared because with my previous ones I misscarried at around 10 weeks.
Already had a scare with this pregnancy, and my dr has been doing bloodwork every 3-4 days to moniter my hormones. She told me yesterday via email that my hormones are looking great! And I am starting to have some symptoms (breast tenderness and mild nausea).
Not sure exactly what my baby's due date will be yet, but guessing between the 16th and the 22nd.
Keeping positive and looking forward to October.
I am 22 my names Chantel this is my first child and my boyfriends 3rd i am 7weeks and loving every minute of it i havnt been to the obgyn yet but i have been to the health clinic! :-) when she showed me my Positive test it was the best moment of my life so far!!
Hey ladies im 23 years old and currently 8 weeks 2 days pregnant im due oct 2nd this is now my 3rd child i havent told many people because back in dec i had a m/c so i dont want to jinx myself. My husband and i are very excited to have our family get even bigger between both of us we have 4 kids plus the one on the way! The oldest is 7 she will be 8 in august then theres my daughter that will be 7 in april then we have my step son that will be 3 in march and then we have our son that is 18 months!!  We will not be finding out the sex of the baby untill our baby shower we want to have a revealing baby shower!!
Im maggie. Im 25, dh is 26. We have a 3 year old dd named kaydence. I was pregnant twice last year and unfortunately lost both. The first one jn march, i was 20 weeks and our second daughter makayla was diagnosed with semilobar holoprosencephaly and passed away, i delivered her on st patricks day. Then in november i had a d&c for a missed miscarriage 7 months after we lost makayla. Hoping this one sticks!
Hi everyone! I'm 33 and expecting #4! We have twin girls who will be 10 in May and another girl who will be 5 in April! Hoping for that boy this time! Due date is October 16th!!!
I'm 25 years old.  My husband and I got married September 30th, 2012.  I have an almost 4 year old daughter (from a previous relationship) and am now 6 weeks pregnant.  I'm a little nervous about trying to keep up with two of them, particularly when out and about.  My 3 year old is a handful already very sassy and doesn't listen much to anything I tell her to do.  Shes a brilliant little girl, just resting her boundaries I guess.  I'm told this if common for children her age, but I'm hoping she leaves this phase and is more compliant before the baby comes, but I'm not holding my breath lol.  I'm excited to be having another child, hoping for a boy this time.  I'm due October 18th.  Monday is my first doctor appointment.  
I'm a little concerned about this pregnancy because in October 2010 I had a cone LEEP biopsy procedure done on my cervix.  I'm worried if my cervix will be able to support the baby until full term.  I have been looking up a lot of information online and have found that a lot of women who have had this procedure have complications with pregnancy from miscarriages, to bedrest  to needing to have their cervix stitched closed until close to their due-date, and some women even had preterm labor.  So I'm a bit anxious.  My appointment is in 2 days and I'll be discussing the possible issues with her, God-willing.  
It's great to have these forums, and o hope all of our babies are born happy and healthy :)
Hi everyone. I'm 29 and this is my 3rd pregnancy. My last one ended in a mc. That was 6yrs ago. I have one son is eight.  This will be my husbands first child. I'll be six weeks tomorrow.
Hey everyone, I'm 31 and am expecting my 5th.  I'm due Oct 3 rd.  I'm a bit nervous this time because my last pregnancy I delivered conjoined twins that didn't survive.  I know there was nothingi did to cause it, but I feel like everything I do this time has some profound effect.  Not to mention my 6 yr old daghter had puinworms last month right before I found out and we all took the worm medicine.  And this week I've had to deal with lice ony kids and me and me and I can't use any medicine for it on me.  I was stressing out this morning while I was rinsing it out of my daughters hair and it got in her eye and I was afraid of getting it in me but I had to get it out of her eye.  I can't help but worry.
Hi, my name is Mallory I'm 20 years old and I'm in the united states air force pregnant 4 weeks and 3days today. My husband is in the united states marines and we are currently seperated at two different bases. This is my first pregnancy and we both are extremely excited and happy.  Our bundle of joy is due october 31st which I think is perfect because that is a year after my husband proposed. :) anyways I'm a bit scared, being all alone and going through this by myself with no family here. The husband and I will figure something out. Nice meeting everyone :). Congrats and happy pregnancies!!
I am Kim 29 years old. This is my fourth pregnancy with two miscarriage, and one set of twins. I am due Oct 1. I found out i was expecting a week before my husband deployed. It has been very difficult. Bad mirning sickness and just diagnosed with GERD.
Lavonda im 22 6 weeks 3 days and excited due october 22. Baby will be my first and i cant wait to start showing. My boyfriend and family are even more excited then i am :) congrats everyone
Hi I'm Amy I'm 35 I have a 15 yr old by my first marriage but now I'm engaged to my middle school sweetheart and we found out last week I'm pregnant we are super thrilled as in our earlier years us being married and having a family was a dream. My expectant date so far is Oct 29th
Im 24 and I have a 6mo old daughter. We are now expecting our second child, due oct 6th! Im 9w 3d.
Hello, I'm Winn and I'm 26 and due Oct 29TH with our first baby. I wasn't suppose to be able to have children so this is a bit of a shock. Fiancee was very shocked as well.
Heyy! Im 23 years old && I am 10 weeks 1 day pregnant for the 1st time:)
I am 20 years old FTM 8 weeks and 2 days along due 28th October 2013
Hey!

I am expecting baby number two. I already have a little boy who is 21 months. I must be crazy doing this again so soon. But baby was planned. I have Crohns disease, so wanted to take the opportunity while I was healthy-ish. Crohns can be very unpredictable! I am currently 11 weeks and due, 05.10.13 Very impatient for scan now :-)