Pregnancy: Oct 2013 Babies Community
Is it normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2013.

Is it normal?

I'm 18W3days FTM. Everyone keeps asking me if I can feel the baby moving yet and to be honest I don't feel anything at all. Is it normal?
My friend is 23 weeks and just felt her baby yesterday! Everyone is different...and may or may not feel it as soon as others
I felt my first moving at 14 weeks (maybe a little earlier) which is very unusual, but didn't have any fluid. At first i thought it was gas bubbles, wasnt till the 'gas' kicked my hand through my stomach that i realised it was my daughter.  she's still a strong active kicker!! This one I felt a little later, and hubby and I didn't feel them kick through my stomach till about 16/17 weeks. My sis in law was around 18 ish weeks, which is the average and a friend who gave birth in Feb wasn't till about 22-24 weeks! There are so many factors which affect it, position of baby, amount of fluid, weight of mother and how busy you are! If you are very busy and active you probably wouldn't even notice the first kicks as they just feel like a spasm or twitch in your muscles!
I just started feeling my baby and I'm 19 weeks today & it's barely anything. It's normal to feel the baby a little later in your pregnancy when you're a ftm.
Don't worry, 14 wks is too early to feel the baby move. When I had my 12wk appointment, a nurse asked me if I felt the baby move yet? NO! I did not! I'm 18 wks and still haven't felt anything. My doc told me not to worry. I don't expect to feel anything until the week 20 or later. Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy as it progresses. I try to do the same :)
Good luck!
Hi! I'm also 18w 3d and i don't feel anything..don't worry...
21 weeks just started feeling over past week
I was just over  17 weeks when I felt the first kick. I'm now 25w3days and my honey just felt her kick two days ago for the first time on the outside.