Pregnancy: Oct 2013 Babies Community
Worried

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2013.

Worried

I'm 10 weeks.  Went to the doctor yesterday and they couldn't find a heartbeat.  I'm really worried but she said come back in two weeks and she will check again then. But I can't wait that long. Anyone else have this problem at all? I'm I just to early in my pregnancy,  if so why did she try. I'm so hormonal it just made me cry!
r u still having symptoms
You could be out on your dates? Usually the docs can find a hb on a scan at 6 weeks, but a Doppler only starts to become useful at 10 weeks, altho depending on the amount of fluid you have, how full your bladder was and your weight you may not be able to find the hb till later.  My sis in law only just heard her little one a little after 12 weeks, but I have heard mine at 8w2d (I'm now 9w1d). I'm slim and didn't have a lot of fluid with my first pregnancy so possibly am the same with this one too.
You may not here till 12 weeks! Try to relax did you request a scan? I had scan at 6 weeks there was a good hb but i will be 9weeks tomorrow and Im starting to get worried! I just want to hear hb now! I hope everything works out for you good luck! Don't stress
I'm very tiny.  4'11 and about 120lbs right now.  I didn't ask for anything because she said it was normal but felt really sad about it when I left. I guess I have to wait until the 25th. As far as symptoms go I've been feeling good.  Just insomnia and fatigue.  Nothing like my last pregnancy.  I was sick all the time. But did hear a heartbeat at 8 weeks.  Thanks for responding
I would get a second opinion. Waiting until the 25th would drive me insane and stress me out more than anything.. especially if you've heard it weeks before with another pregnancy. Maybe another doctor that accepts your insurance?. Or maybe I'm just way too impatient. I heard my little ones hb for the first time Tuesday!  (Well.. I think so anyways. My heart was beating kinda hard so.. it was hard to tell.) Goodluck!
I had the same thing happen. Ultrasound at 8 weeks and heard heartbeat...no heartbeat at 10week doctors appt. He sent me to another ultrasound just so I wouldnt be worried. But told me its not bad I have a tilted uterus and it was kind of early. I would call the dr and ask for an additional ultrasound...it made me feel 100% better seeing my little bean moving around and seeing the heartbeat! Hang in there!!