Pregnancy: Oct 2013 Babies Community
embryo without baby or heart beat :-(..anyone had this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2013.

I went for my 8 week check up and they did a vaginal ultrasound and the tech said that she she the sac but couldn't see a baby or pick up a heart beat. She said I might be not as far as along as we thought I was but didn't tell me how far along I am. My last period was Jan, so it's definitely been 2 months. Have any of y'all had this problem? I haven't had any spotting or major cramping, im barely having any symptoms besides sore breasts and a little is of nausea..im pretty worried and uneasy about not sure of what's happening. Any advice or experiences like this happened to you?
I am so sorry but this does not seem like good news.  At 2 months, they should really be able to see a heartbeat and at least a baby.  Is there anyway that your dates are really off and you are only 4 or 5 weeks pregnant?  Have they asked you to come back for another ultrasound to double check? It might be something called a blighted ovum, where a fertilized egg attached to the uterus but then an embryo does not actually develop.  I hope that this is not the case and will be thinking about you.  Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you for replying. I talked to my high risk nurse and she doesn't like how it looks too. I go for a physical and another sonogram tomorrow. I haven't have a period since January  :-(, so im most likely be 8-9 weeks. I havent had bleeding or cramping...but I'll let ya know how it goes.
good luck!!!let us know...
Well, I got another sonogram..still no baby but the sac did get bigger. She checked my hormone levels and they we're increased too..so we are still hopefully but still don't have a solid answer of what's goin on. I go back next Wednesday, so we'll see! This baby is giving me a run for the money, but well worth it, I just hope he/she is healthy, I have been stressing out and upset each time I go to the doctors
I also talked to her about the blighted ovum and she said that it could also be it but we won't tell until later
I had this also but my period and ovulation were crazy thst month so when I assumed I was 8 weeks I was 5 w 4 d. A week later I went in and saw my beautiful baby. :)