Pregnancy: Oct 2013 Babies Community
excited/happy/scared to tell MY parents!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in October 2013.

This is going to sound daft im 22 (23 when baby is due) a teacher with a permanent job, engaged to my partner for a year (to be married july 2014) and just found out we r pregnant. We have told his family and they r thrilled no denying they were shocked at first but then made up. Only issue now is telling my mum. I am petrified. I just know she is going to go mad and most likely say some things i wont like. What do i do? I just want to feel excited and enjoy the next few months but feel this is stopping me from doing so. We are about 5 weeks gone and hoping to see doc this week to get all confirmed. Why do i feel like i have done something wrong and like a child all of a sudden? (Purely cos of my fear of my parents reaction!!)
I know how that is, with my first I felt that way. It was hard at first but they will get over it, it is get grandchild either way :) but I think you will feel better after telling her. You can wait until you're ready. But from experience, it's best not to wait too long, as my fiancé waited until I was 4 months to tell his family about our first and they were more upset about us not telling them sooner than the actual pregnancy. This time we didn't even hesitate. It won't be so bad, congrats and good luck!
Why wait so long to get married?  Seems like you have one more reason than you did before.  You can always have the big party in 2014, but you could get married in front of the judge in the meantime.  Wouldn't even have to tell anyone if you don't want to.