Ran out of induction
41+3...  I had a scheduled induction tonight..  Ftm not even 1 cm dilated and  50% effaced.  Haven't had a single contraction anything.  They wanted to do cervix ripening drugs followed by pitocin tomorrow morning ... All I could see was imminent cesarean in my future... I was left to Google because my provider didn't really explain anything and didn't give me a choice  and just says the reason for induction is that I'm past my due date which has changed a bunch so are they just guessing? I felt so uncomfortable about this whole process and it just doesn't feel like there's enough of a medical reason except maybe for their convenience? I mean what if I just take longer to gestate than the standard forty weeks? What if he's not ready? Why can't we just wait? So all of these feelings combined with the provider not giving me the 411 just... Yeah  I tweaked and left. When the nurse (who by the way forgot her glasses and was wearing someone else's that wasn't quite her prescription.. I can see where her head is at tonight)  screwed up really bad on the iv access... Yeah that was my cue to leave...  I totally freaked and was just like yep bad omen and got the heck out of there....  Can anyone relate? Am I crazy for feeling this way?
I went in to get induced last thursday they gave me cervidil i was contracting but i wouldnt dilate i wasnt even 1cm either and 50% effaced i was there for hours and nothing happened so i asked thr dr if i could leave i was 40 weeks1 day so i left and tomorrow he wants to schedule again at 41 weeks but i always went to 42 weeks and with my last baby he had minor complications and he just want to be on a safe side and induce me at 41 with pitocin.
Its safe to go to 10 days over I believe.  Do ehat you feel is right, if you don't feel as though bub is ready and or you don't want to go ahead with it, then don't! Your body, your choice. If it isn't medically necessary I wouldn't go ahead with it. Best of luck
So I had another induction scheduled... Cancelled it,  rescheduled for today...  I'm so scared.
U can read my induction story on one of my posts
You can go up to 2 weeks past your due date.. i went 9 days past and she finally decided to come on her own. dint fet induced if your not comfortable with it:/ but past 2 weeks could be dangerous for your baby..