Breastfeeding
Does anyone else have sore nipples after breastfeeding...any suggestions please...I have come so close to stop breastfeeding and just pumping
How long has it been since your baby was born? Use lanolin creams, it's in the baby sections at stores. You could also have your baby latching wrong. Make sure they don't grab the nipple, they need the areola as well, the outer portion where it's dark in case you don't know. If you have only been breastfeeding for less than 2-3 weeks, your nipples need to get used to the sucking all the time, if it's been longer, then it's a latch issue. Just be patient. It's much more difficult to pump and feed only because it can dry up your milk if you don't pump at least 8 times a day, preferably more than that. If you still have issues, call the hospital you went to deliver at and ask for the lactation consultants number and see if you can arrange either a meeting with them or talk to them on the phone and get more help/information. If none of that still works, ask your doctor to see if you have an infection or something.
Make sure baby is latching correct. I youtubed some videos of how to do it and it made a big difference. You can call your doctor and they might have a lactation consultant come and help you! Try a nipple shield they are a few bucks online. But definitely try a youtube video to make sure baby is latching correct, and tips on how to get them to latch better.
I exclusively pump since my daughter won't latch and believe  me your nipples  still get sore from pumping. I pump every 3 hours and they can get pretty sensitive.
My dear it will heal in no time and ur body will get used to it. Don't stop breastfeeding. Continue to feed until its healed
DON'T STOP!!! It gets better I promise try rubbing the breast milk around ur nipple after u feed. Also make sure your baby is latching on correctly. They should be having the entire nipple in their mouth. If u need help go back to ur hospital or even YouTube has some great videos. But PLEASE DON'T STOP BREASTFEEDING, it is the best for baby and if u are able to do it continue to do so. My baby turns 1 mnth in 4 days and I am already use to it and my nipples no longer hurt.
My son has a lip and tongue tie so his latch is horrible. If you are still having problems even with a good latch you might want to see a lactation consultant and ask about a tie. Hope you figure it out soon. Good luck and don't give up :)
You could even try a nipple shield. I think they are amazing. I have very sensitive nipples and feeding without the shield I'm to the point where I'm crying it hurts so bad.
Wow ladies I just saw all these words of encouragement...thank u...I will not give up!! I'm getting use to the pain