Breastfeeding with sleepy baby
I was having issues with my baby latching on...i think we have that down now but I am trying to do 15 to 20 minutes on each breast every 2-3 hours and I am finding it so hard because my baby falls asleep on me ...anyone else having this problem? I need her to be gaining weight ...it's very discouraging
Maybe do a nappy change before swapping sides?
I try everything ..i strip her down...i usually change her diaper in between breast to wake her up a little
Im fresh out of ideas then... i have the a baby whos awake almost all the time in pain crying with bad reflux
There is no problem with doing 1 breast per feeding. During the day you can even try every hour too to help her gain weight and even sleep longer at night.
My baby slept on the boob too and I stopped switching so often. I feed on demand and if I feel she didn't empty one side enough I'd keep feeding her from the one. I do that because there are two kinds of milk, the beginning is more watered and at the surface, the rest is fatty and further back that they need to suck to get. Just always offer her it and try not to get on a schedule right now.
A lactation counselor told me to strip the baby down and tickle their back, feet and sides to keep them awake. Also, a friend told me she used to take a cold wipe and put it on her baby's back to wake him up. Try those amd see if it work for you.
My baby always let's me know when she is hungry but sometimes she only stays on for 5min and falls asleep. So I started playing with her, when she let's me know she is hungry I play with her until she won't stop ducking her hand. That way she is hungrier and stays on longer has worked for me. I don't do two boobs at once I do one boob per feeding.