Breast feeding advice needed
My 8 day old falls asleep at the breast all the time. I try to wake him and switch boobs but he is out cold, but as soon as I put him down in his bassinet he is wide awake again and the cycle continues.

I am a first time mum and am looking for any advice anyone can offer!

I can't breast feed but I do know that a lot of babies do this, breast or bottle fed. They will use you like a dummy, go to sleep and expect you to leave your boob out for their enjoyment. He's 8 days old let him have a little nap on you. If you need to put him down the obviously donit, maybe with one of your shirts you've worn, I've always put my babies to sleep with my top I've worn that day, helps settle them x
Oh and I forgot to say a big congratulations x
Yeah, that happens. My now 8 day old is doing this, and my previous bf child did this too. The only thing I can suggest is as soon as you begin breastfeeding, try to keep him awake by rubbing his back and head or any other stimuli you can think of to keep him awake long enough to get full. Then make sure to try and get a burp out of him so that he doesn't mistaken gas pain for hunger. Hopefully, if he gets full, he'll be more likely to sleep when you put him down.

If that doesn't work, you may have to just wait until he's very accustomed to breastfeeding to avoid nipple confusion,  then introduce a pacifier. Good luck and hope you can figure out a solution for you both!
We also have a breastfeeding community, if you'd like to ask this question there! http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Breastfeeding/show/233
~Your MH Community Manager
The best advice I was given was to blow on there face or tickle baby's toes if they pause eating. It should keep baba alert enough to keep eating until they're full!
It may also be a comfort to know he won't do this forever :) 8 days in and you're both newbies at this, soon you'll settle into a good groove and feeds will settle and fill baby enough to sleep.
Good luck!