Our little girl diagnosed with moderate VSD?
I our little one was born at 35 weeks 6 days and weighed in at 4LBS 4OZ.

She is currently still in the NICU due to her not eating well enough, she recently had a feeding tube removed then put back in because she is not eating well enough due to a moderate sized VSD we just learned about.

We are due to see a cardiologist this week, but my wife and I are just lost for words and only can fear the worst.

Can anyone else offer many any advice on what to expect with this VSD diagnosis moving forward? Our Dr. did say that these can close on their own on occasion, but considering it's a moderate size she may need surgery.

Just looking for some positive vibes if you have been through this and if you can explain to me on what to expect?

Thank you in advance
Firstly let me congratulate you on the arrival of your princess. My 1 year old was born with a heart murmur (which is what they call vsd over here in the uk, I believe) hers was small and closed itself. I do know a few adults who had them as children some who had surgery and some who didn't. I believe it's a routine surgery though. X