Negative mother
Told my parents we're expecting number 2. My dad was happy. Because to him all babies are blessings. Yes both this and my last pregnancies were planned. My mother on the other hand had a really cold and negative response. She said " apenas puedes con una" meaning i can barely handle having one. Then she left the kitchen where we were to go water her plants outside. My heart shattered. Not that im not used to her coldness but... What kind of mother does that? I dont see myself treating my daughter nor woukd ever dream of treating her that way. My mothers reaponse has always been spanking to everything. Because ill be honest she's not a very patient woman. But i remember how her always hitting me made me feel. So no i dont spank my daughter especially if im feeling impatient. Sorry for long post. But what would you do in my position? Ive already decided she won't be in the delivery room. But in the meantime for the rest of my pregnancy?(im 8 weeks) What would you do?
I have a very negative mother and all I can do is not take her seriously. She is a bitter woman and there is nothing I can do to change it.
Its hard to even try talking to her. So I've just given up trying to connect with her
Your an adult, raising a family, have a man who cares for you.  You really don't need negative people around you.  Don't burn a bridge and tell them off but minimize time spent with someone that makes you question yourself.  Especially when you consciously decided to take a different path than HER because she was close to abusive during your childhood.  I never have spanked my kids either.  They've grown into nice pre teens with good manners.  And I wasn't the strictest of moms and allowed my boys to have lots of crazy moments as I think that is part of childhood.  Being an adult is serious . . . being a kid should be filled with fun and funny memories.  Anyway, spanking isn't necessary to raise good kids and I'm sure you are doing a great job.  Hang in there sweetie
Thank you! I will try not to burn that bridge lol