Pregnancy: Sep 2009 Babies Community
6 weeks pregnant low fetal heart rate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2009.

6 weeks pregnant low fetal heart rate

Hi-
I am 28 yrs old and went to the OB last week to get my first ulrasound check up. according to my lmp They were thinking I was 7 wks 5 days, but They said I was only measuring 6 weeks 1 day. She said the heart rate was slower for norm at 47 bpm. After reading statistics I am very very scared. This is my first pregnancy for me and my husband.
I didnt even see the doctor it was a midwife who told me this.
Is it possible for a good outcome, could she have been wrong about the heart rate?
I was supposed to be 6 weeks 5 days and I was 5 weeks 6 days. At that point the fetal heart rate was 100bpm. I would ask them to do a repeat ultrasound just to make sure she read that correctly. Call your OB and see what they say. Sorry you are going through this.
I am so sorry you are going threw this, and iwill keep you in my prayers

I agree with amber, i would ask for repeat u/s and have them take the heart rate for a full minute.
I go back to the doctor wednsday for a follow up.
Im really nervous.
hope all your pregnancies are going well
Hang in there! Hopefully on Wednesday it will be a good high heart beat. Maybe it just hadn't started beating at full strength yet since you were earlier than expected.
Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes!
I did go to my appointment today and unfortunately they couldnt find a heart beat. Thank you for your prayers
I am so sorry. Please stay encouraged and we are here if you ever need to talk. God bless.
Mocoh, i am so sorry, my heart goes out to you, i will keep you in my prayers, we are here if you need to talk or vent.
I am very sorry! I will keep you in my prayers!
I'm so sorry. Take care of you and give yourself the time you need to feel better. I've been thru the same thing myself several times and although the pain may seem unbearable now, it does get better.