Pregnancy: Sep 2009 Babies Community
Baby Powder {{good or not?}}
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2009.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Baby Powder {{good or not?}}

So my friend told me that baby powder is a NO NO. She said that somewhere she read that it can lead to SIDS. and that its the new discovery. I was just curious. Not to say that I want to use it, cause to me its too messy and leaves clunckness (hahah i mispelled a word or made it up). But I thought I would at least ask about it and see what you ladies have heard. But I really don't know seeing as this is my first child. Just thought I would share.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend =)

-Awna
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
507875_tn?1322621651
Never heard of it...but to google I go! LOL
Blank
296027_tn?1287762643
Lol, ok. Just lemme know what you find out =)
Blank
178698_tn?1228777938
I think the baby powder floating around in the air isn't suppose to be good because the baby inhales and it gets into the lungs.   This happens when you slam down the baby powder on just douse it on the baby.....just dont pour it straight on the baby's chest.

However, if you pour a small bit into your hand an rub it on your hands before you rub it on the baby then it reduce the amount that floats in the air.  

If you put too much in the baby crotch area it mixes with the urine, vaseling, and or desitin and then it cakes up in the creases in the baby's legs.   It's gross to clean up...I never put powder there.  I'd use a little powder sometimes after the bath, but I didn't regularly use baby powder, just a little here and there.

As far as it being related to sids...i've never heard of it...my information is based on heresay 20 years ago when I had my first baby!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy: Sep 2009 Babies Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...