Pregnancy: Sep 2009 Babies Community
Have you picked a date for a baby shower yet?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2009.

So since the summer is a crazy time for everyone my family is getting on me about picking a date for the baby shower already. I guess it's a good thing we started looking at it early because as it turns out there is only one date between now and the middle of August that works for my sisters, mom, and mil. June 20th. I guess it's a little early, but I don't really mind that way I won't double buy anything. I'm only going to register at stores where you can buy online so that my out of state family can kick in too.

Has anyone else thought about a date yet? Or what stores you will register at?
Isn't Babies R Us National?    I'd register there and also at Target as I think Target is all over the place.  

I think I am a week ahead of you. So I don't think that June 20th is such a far fetched date.  

I don't know that I would be crazy about registering on line without looking at what I am interested in getting.  It's like picking out of a catalog for me.  I just don't like it as many times the items I get don't live up to the pictures and sometimes I'm disappointed.   Plus if doesn't work out and you want to return then you have to deal with the hassle of packing and shipping.   Just a thought.
Well, I was thinking of having mine in July sometime. I'll have to ping my sister and my aunt about it. They are hosting the party for me!!! I'm plan on expecting about 40-50 people....I know that sounds like a lot of people, but that's only immediate relatives on both my DH and my side. I had about 275 guests for my wedding and I'm not planning to invite everyone. I think my co-workers will through a shower for me too. If the amount of people gets too crazy I'll probably have one shower on my side of the family and one shower on my DH side of the family.

I'll register at Babies R Us and target. I may also do Baby Depot for my relatives who live in Maryland.
Well, i will be having my shower at old country buffett. It will be 50 people, mainly family, i only have 2 best friends and an associate.  DF mother wants to be apart of the baby shower and see the baby being born, she is a dialysis pt and has been sick lately, if her health gets better and she can fly down to wisconsin from Baltimore i will be having the shower first week of september, if she cant make it, i will be having the shower the first week of august. My Bday is in June and my Sons is in July and my cousin is having her shower the end of july, so August or September is a much better month for me.
I don't know. I was told to stay out of it and out of the way...LOL!
Probably in July or August...
Hi! I don't think your June shower is to early at all.  This will allow you to see what you still need and hopefully be able to save up to buy, by the time your baby comes around.

I'm having two showers for sure and probably one other one.  Shower 1 my best friends are throwing for me - so it will just be my girlfriends.  Shower 2 my SIL is throwing for me - and that will be my "family" shower.  And I am anticipating that there will be one more shower for my mother's friends and/or family friends.  I know it sounds like a lot, but I personally don't like large showers/parties; I would rather they be more intimate.
Have you guys heard of a grandma shower? My mom is such a nerd she's doing a shower just for herself for the "nursery" that will be at her house. I reminded her that I work part time from home so I don't need her to babysit of anything so....

She's just crazy I think.
We don't have baby showers over here, can someone please tell me what they are?
Its pretty much a gathering full of women, some people do have coed showers, its to celebrate for the mom to be.(its like a party) The guest bring gifts for the mom, you play games like baby bingo, crosswords etc., socialize and EAT. Then whatever items you didnt get at the shower you buy for yourself.

When some women get preggo, there best friend, family member etc. throws the shower, or like myself, i will b thrown my own shower but my sister is so excited that im preggo that im sure she will want to host the shower and help pay for the food.
We decided to have a baby bbq. Close friends and family no silly games with lots of food and beer for those who can partake.
Also, the gifts are for the baby, not the mom...
Looks like i will be having my shower with family in California, July 11th (my nana and aunt are throwing it and at this point, they are basing EVERYTHING around my stupid 18 years old "OOPS" im pregnant cousin, im so irritated!!! But hey, its gifts for the baby, cant pass it up)

and havent picked a date for here with friends yet...Latrice, im so glad to see someone else will be throwing their own shower, everything ive read says that the expecting parents dont ever throw their own shower but i dont have anyone i can trust with it!! Ill be talking with you a lot and asking you about your plans, for ideas....i thought i was alone...