Pregnancy: Sep 2009 Babies Community
Sleeping through the night?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2009.

Sleeping through the night?

Just wondered if any other babies are sleeping through the night yet. For about 2 wks now, Mickey has been going to sleep at about 10 pm and sleeping until 8-8:30 am. OMG I am so thankful. Although, people are getting on my nerves because some of them want to freak out and act like I'm drugging him or sleeping through him waking up or geez IDK whatever they can think of. But since when is it so horrible for a 2 month old to sleep through the night?? I was thinking its a good thing....at least for me!
Hi, Brandon is sleeping 6-7 hours straight at night and then wakes up again after 2 hrs. I would check with your pediatrician first to make sure it's OK. How much is the baby eating before going to bed? My pediatrician says to let the baby sleep and he would wake up whenever he is hungry!
Hel* no Bella doesn't sleep through the night. We're still up at 10, 2, 4 or 12, 4, 7. I can't wait for her to sleep all night long! I think part of the problem is that she wakes her self up when she's on her back by letting her arms fall to her sides and getting startled. When she's on her tummy she scoots around in her sleep and ends up face into crib bars and that also wakes her up.
Trinity is 8weeks today and she does not sleep threw the nite, that s u cks bcuz i started back work and have to be there at 7am:(  She sleeps in 2, 3, and 4 hour stretches some nights, but never 4 hours then another 4hours.  Im with you nicmom, trininty does sleep a little longer on her tummy, but i only let her sleep on it while im up.  She is up now and i am nursing her, and gota b at work this am:((
He eats 6oz before he goes to sleep, and 6oz when he wakes up. Occasionally if he doesn't eat right before he goes to bed, he'll wake up sooner. So he's def waking up when he's hungry.
And once he wakes up in the morning, he's normally up until 1 pm or later...then he'll take maybe an hr long nap, and be awake til around 6, take a 45 min nap, and then he's up til he goes to sleep for the night.
yesterday I woke her up from her naps early and tried to keep her away then last night she slept from 1:30 to 6:30. I was so excited. Then she woke up and ate a whole bottle. I was still tired so I tried putting her in the crib on her back and turned on the musical fish mobile and she just laid there for an hour talking to it before falling back asleep. It was awesome she and I slept until 9:30 after that.

Today I'm going to do the same thing and try not to let her sleep for more than 2 hours at a time.
That's good! I've done that with Mickey a few times, but generally he stays awake alot on his own. He stays very alert almost all day! I'm so proud of my little man, but sometimes I almost think I'd rather get up a time or two at night just to be able to get stuff done during the day! He demands so much attention that housework is falling WAYYY by the wayside. But, oh well. He doesn't care. And apparently neither does DH, and nobody ever really comes over, so its all good.
Levi and i are still up at night he goes down at 8pm wakes at 1am and  again at 4am then 6am he sleeps good during the day and im happy with this he is 10wks old now and 7.2kgs:)
formula seems to make them sleep longer as its harder to digest
Wow it's been a while since I have been on here and our babies are getting so big.  Owen has been sleeping throught the night for about the past two to three weeks now as well.  LoL I can't offically remember when he did finally sleep throught the night becase everday has been blending together and Hell I can't even remember what I did yesterday besides work.  Any who he has been taing about 4-5oz during the day, then befor he goes to be at about 9pm he'll tak about 6oz, then sleep until almost 9am (thats 12 hours) but I want to add that I am up at 420am almost every day getting him into his car seat, which I think puts him back to sleep because on the days that I'm off he usually will be up arough 6-7am, which sux, but Oh well.  still he's getting so big!!
ohhh you're so lucky moms i have four weeks old baby she doesn't sleep day or night first two weeks where fine but the last ones are...... or if she sleep already in(my hands all the time or on my chest) she weaks up with loud crying,and after that is very hard to put her to sleep,every day is hell during the night she is wakeing up but only for feed three times during one night sometimes only two times until 6a.m and after that......you can imagine hehehe plss some advise will be great for one tired mom ,how can i help my baby to have strong sleeping and dreaming ?help help
thnaks a lot!!!!!!
i dont think you can, they sleep then get up to eat or bcuz they are wet etc. i tried everything and nothing worked. the first 4 months r rough