Pregnancy: Sep 2009 Babies Community
Terrible pain and cramping feelings in lower abdomin(abdomen)?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2009.

So I was wondering if anyone is expreacing these feelings...  Yesterday at like 7am I started to getting a cramping feeling in my lower abdomin (abdomen), now I can't tell if it was up and down pain like a contraction, since I was at work and trying to get my job done, which let me tell you wasn't easy, espically because I remember at one point looking in the mirror and crying because I didn't know what to do.  Well I finished the first part of work and was able to get to the dinning room on time, (8am).  And by that time the pain had easied up, which was good and luckly I found someone to come in and work the rest of my shift for me.  Oh well, so at 10am I headed to my parents house were I called my doc and he was in an emergancy... so I waited around until almost 12pm for him to call back, and he wanted to see me so I came in.  

Well at the doctor's office he mesured my belly, cheeked the heatbeat, and examed my cervex.  Nothing had changed with any of these things, though it did take some time to find the baby's heatbeat, which scared the **** out of me... because I didn't have a clue what had happend to it, since he was just moving TONS at my parent's house.  Oh well... then the doc felt my stomach... and figured out where the baby's head was at. which is sitting at the cress of my left hip, and it's causing me so much pain, espically when he pressed on it... that I sat stait up when the doc did that.  Well that pain hasn't went away, infact it seems like it's just staying constent, which is frusterating me becuase I have been trying to lay on my right side, and my back to make him move his head... but he wont... and it's making me mad!!!

Any who I was just wonding if anyone else is expracing these feelings or if I am the only lucky one.... because I want to know what ya'll have done to eleivate the pain....

The other thing that I was wondering... was when I woke up today, and went to the bathroom, it seemed like once I got up from going, my right side hurt worse... maybe I have a UTI... has anyone else had that, and if so what were their symptoms....
It sounds like the position of the baby might be causing that pain. Try getting on all fours and arching your back up and down a few times then shift down so that your on your elbows. Hold that position for just a few minutes and go back to all fours and do a few more back stretches. I found that one on several websites for helping the baby to move into a better position. Oh it works best if you do this after drinking a big glass of cold water or juice. Something to wake the baby up and get them moving around.

Hope that helps and feel better!
I agree with NicMom...
I agree with NicMom as well. My baby's head is to the side and resting on my left side as well and it's so tender there! I asked my midwife about it and she said it's the baby causing the pain pressing down on that side all the time. I think he/she finally moved a bit as I have had some relief as of late.
Last night when I woke up at 3am I felt some strong menstrual like cramping.  I got up and went to the washroom and after 5 mins or so it went away.  I switched positions when I went back to bed and it stopped.  I figured it could have been how I was sleeping...similar to how the head on hip may be causing your pain.  I had an appt with my OBGYN today and she said that cramping now and then is normal.  As long as it is not for extended periods of time or becomes regular.  There is also a lot of growing and stretching happening now!!!

Take care!
Thanks ya'll... I tried all darn day to get him to move, and well finally at like 4pm he moved his head... but he would budge until then!!!  Oh well I guess... the all fours thing didn't work... cuz he was being so stuborn!!!  
Yea, its a bummer when the babies dont want to move, i actually go to PT twice a week for sciatic nerve pain, when the baby gets in a certain position, OMgoodness the pain is unbareable, i do the pelvic rock about 3 times a day so she dont get stuck in her ways of being in one position,
Well I'm glad the baby moved for you. My belly is all baby so I've been lucky because just pushing on her butt will make her wrigle away.