Pregnancy: Sep 2009 Babies Community
The Feeling of Leaking?!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2009.

The Feeling of Leaking?!

I have a daughter who is 17 & is currently 23 will be 24 wks pregnant on WED. and she's been having the feeling of leaking all day. What she's leaking is clear so I don't know if I should be worried. She's had this before and we went to L&D and they said it wasn't amniotic fluid but she was retaining fluid in the vaginal area and now she's leaking again and with it being clear it sounds like it's amniotic fluid. Has this happened to anyone and it not be anything or does anyone have any advice.
Tags: leaking
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you as to what it is but she does need to go back in to L&D to be checked.
I agree with amberd. Also I have heard that amniotic fluid has a sweet smell to it.
The only way to really tell if it amniotic fluid is to have her lay down for an hour(on her back/side) and then when she gets up if it trinkles down again, then she should give L&D a call, if not, then it's not amniotic fluid it's the normal vaginal discharge that comes from pregnancy!  TMI I know, but I have recently been having alot of vaginal discharge, and they say that it could be from reaching the 20 week mark, you get incressed vaginal discharge.  Not sure why but that's what I have read!  BTW I'm between 23 and 24 weeks along as well..