Pregnancy: Sep 2009 Babies Community
Urine retention +Retroverted/incarcerated uterus
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2009.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Urine retention +Retroverted/incarcerated uterus

I am 26 and 14 weeks , this is my 1st baby and all of sudden one night i jus cldnt pee , i had the urge to pee but nothing came out , i rushed to the ER and they scanned me and said i have a retroverted/tipped uterus and i had 1200 ml of urine in my bladder i had to be on catheter for 2 days , however the condition did not improve and the asked me to wear on a foley catheter for 2 weeks , On checking after 2 weeks i still couldnt pee so now my Dr has asked me to wear on the catheter for 6 weeks more ..The uterus is expected to move up after 6 weeks , I am jus puzzled if things will become better after 6 weeks , I have been working from home all these days ...Lifes really miserable sleeping and walking with a catheter .....did any one have this problem