Pregnancy: Sep 2009 Babies Community
heart problems during and after prgnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2009.

when i was about 3 mth pregnate with my son my heart started racing and skipping.it bothered me a bit and i went to a heart doc but it wasnt anything to bad.after i had my son it really hit.my heart would race and skip.i remember laying in the floor next to him crying(i thought i was gonna die) with my heart way past 165.anyways they put me on a bunch of bata blockers and stuff and about a year and ahalf  i went off them.my periods set it off a bit but they cant find out why.anyways wanted to see iff anyone else had a problem like that.i also was diagnosed with hashimotos about 1 yr ago.i've been thinking boutt having my husbands vas undone and trying for another baby but i'm kinda scared.please let me know what you all think.
I had heart palpitations during my pregnancy, but quitting caffeine fixed the problem.  I would check in with your heart doc before trying for another baby.  Heart issues can be very scary, I know.  Also, you may want to post this on the Pregnancy 18-34 or heart forums for more responses...good luck!
-LMC
I also had problems this pregnancy and it was very scary. I personally decided that trying to have another baby wasn't worth my other kids not having their mom. I do think this is a personal decision; and you should speak with your doctor about it. Good luck! As lmc2132 said you should also post this in another forum where you could get more responses.