6 weeks only a gestational seen
hello girls! this is my first time here in this forum. its my 6 week, first pregnancy and i had some on and off brown spotting since monday, i got scared and decided to see my OB. she advised me that i shud get a scan, at the transV u/s only a gestational sac was seen. though it's well-formed, i wished seeing something else other than the sac.. should i be worried? i was asked to come back in two weeks for a viability scan and see if the yolk sac, fetal pole and heartbeat are all there. whew!!!! two weeks is too long for me to wait! i can hardly sleep now and i feel like the pregnancy symptoms are beginning to go away..i am getting paranoid i guess. HELP!
im almost in the same boat as you.  i had some spotting and got scared also and had a transv us at 6 weeks 5 days and only saw a gestational sac and a yolk sac in it but no fetal pole yet. i have waited 2 weeks and have to wait 6 more days for my next us.
I am in the same boat.   I had a scan at 7w1d and it showed a 5w5d gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal pole.  I have a tilted uterus.  I have learned that a tilted uterus can make it harder to see the fetal pole.  I go in on Thurs for another u/s.  

From what Ive read if you see the gestational sac and yolk sac thats a good sign.  For some women they dont see the fetal pole or heartbeat until closer to 10 weeks.
I had some spotting for the first 6 weeks of my pregnancy. I am now 9wks and no more spotting. I agree it does take some longer to see the fetal pole and heart beat. I am wishing you well on your appt on Thurs.
i had another us  and saw my baby with a strong heart beat, he was moving to!
he was measuring 8 weeks 2 days.

maybe it was just to early and you will probably see him on the next u/s

good luck
thats great news...

i had a scan at 5 weeks and 1 day because i was spotting....all the ER said was they saw a sac...nothing else...i too have been worried since...i dont know if they saw a yolk sac or not...i go back on tuesday for my next u/s to check on the development...im so scared it will be an empty sac

my hcg levels have been good: 4973 on 1/27 and 15420 on 1/31

i hope im able to share the same good news next tuesday

congrats again

thank u :)
those numbers look really good, you are really early on, i have known people that only saw a gestational sac at 5 weeks, i think thats all you can see by that time.
hope all goes great with you and your baby.
let me know how it goes
good luck

how far along are you going to be for your next us?
thank u :)
let me know how it goes
good luck

thank you...i am staying hopeful and taking it day by day...my symptoms kicked into high gear now that i have all day nausea...its pretty tough to deal with but i look at it like it is a good sign

my next u/s is 2/9...5 more days
the nausea and the rising hcg is a really good sign, hope you can see him/her on tuesday.

keep me updated.