Pregnancy: Sep 2010 Babies Community
Exercise!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2010.

Exercise!

So I was wondering how everyone is doing/feeling about their post-partum bodies? Also have any of you started any exercise yet? Or do you have any particular exercise regimes you're going to be starting soon? How has your weight loss been?

I gained 25 pounds during pregnancy (started 130, ended at 155) and now I'm down to 133! But my goal is to get down to 125 so I have about 7 more pounds to lose ideally by March! But the sooner the better.
I may not have gained much weight, but I have a tonnnnnn of stretchmarks, damn heredity because I lotioned up constantly like no tommorow, yet I got them all over my stomach, thighs, butt and boobs, BLAH! Luckily they're starting to fade in colour, but I have a feeling it will be a while yet.

As for exercising I've been walking about 2km every other day. Also occasionally doing some exercises to target my transverse abs. I'm only 4 weeks so still kinda taking it easy, but I'm trying to find a good, reasonable exercise regime to tone my abs and butt once I'm 6 weeks.

Oh also I can now fit back into 2 of my 3 pairs of jeans! Just got my skinny jeans to fit into now!
About a week after I had lily I was down to about 5 lbs UNDER my first ob appt weight.  I've been hovering right around there.  I haven't started any excercise as of yet.  I'm still trying to play catch up with housework and sorting through my Mom's stuff that I brought here after she passed away.  Eventually I will probably start walking on the treadmill, perhaps taking some walks around the neighborhood but I don't have a double jogging stroller so using my tandem stroller will be a pain in the rump and if I don't have DS2 in a stroller he'll run everywhere.  I've thought about getting a baby carrier so I can wear Lily and push Gabe in the stroller.  But it's starting to get cold here ( it was 39 degrees this morning) then by afternoon it's pretty warm (81 today) and I dont want Lily out in extreme temps.  I'll just wait and see how things go.  
well i have a ways to go. i started at 130 when i got pregnant (10lbs over my normal 120) and gained 50 while pregnant so i really had 60 to lose. i lost 30, so i have 30 to go. my goal is also march, thats when i go back to work and have to fit into all my work clothes!  i am meeting my goal of losing 1.5lbs a week so im not too worried about it yet. i havent started to exercise except for the walks around the neighborhood with lily and my dog. i never really exercised before i was pregnant either tho.
I've not started to exercise yet, but I intend to very soon. I have a gym membership that I pay for that's been rotting away for the last 10 months and I really want to get a bit more into shape. I walk for around 2 hours each day with Kylie if we have decent weather. I was 147 pre-pregnancy and was 145 when I gave birth. I'm somewhere around 120 ish now, but I want to get down to 110-115.
I was 155 pre pregnancy and weighed 197 at birth. I dropped down to 175 in 2 weeks but I haven't been able to loose anymore weight. I'm back in my med maternity pants but I want to be in my old jeans again. I am going back to work beginning of next month instead of Dec. I hope I can fit in my work clothes.

I haven't done any exercising and the weather is getting cold. Today it was only 55 out.

I've asked BF to put the stroller together several times but he has been working 12 hour days 6 days a wwk right now.  I bought a moby wrap today so I guess I can wear her and start walking.
I weighed 120 when I got pregnant and I gained 40 lbs!! I have lost 35 lbs so far and just need to get into the gym to start working out again. I was really really unhappy with my body at first, but after about a week after i had him I was feeling better... my belly button was my main concern. Stretch marks are never fun... I got a couple with my daughter and this time around I got several more... but oh well, they do tend to fade thank goodness!

As for exercise, I'm a fitness instructor so i'll be going back to work soon and hopefully that will take off the extra squishy fat I need to get rid of!! :-)
Tasha if your a fitness instructor do you know how to get rid of that squishy/saggy skin/fat? I know to exercise the transverse muscles but I'm not sure if that's enough...I have a flat stomach while standing but a horrendous saggy pooch while sitting :(