Pregnancy: Sep 2010 Babies Community
early pregnancy sac size not growing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2010.

early pregnancy sac size not growing

This is my first pregnancy. I went in for ultrasound (not knowing at ALL how far along I am) the lady told me it may be too early to tell because right now it looked like a sac. She told me to come back in and get blood drawn to test my hcg to see if it was increasing. My hcg went from 400 to 11,409. She called and said it was good and they should be able to see something on the next ultrasound which was exactly a week later. I started bleeding a couple days after the first ultrasound. they also did a pap smear and the lady said that could be normal to bleed. Wasnt having any cramping with it. Tuesday I went in for the second ultrasound and they said that there was a dilated yolk sac, no fetal pole, he didnt mention a heart beat if there was or wasnt one... so I dont know if he looked? But he said that the mean sac size was 9.75cm where the other ultrasound the doc measured 1.45mm. So I am confused. Then they told me that I would lose the baby because the hcg numbers and the growoth (or lack there of) of the sac did not agree... I go back in for another ultrasound on Tuesday, but mainly the doctor said that would be to see if Ihad in fact passed the sac or not. But I am thinking if my numbers went up, how are they now telling me the baby will not live? scared and have been a nervous wreck ALL week waiting for Tuesday. They hadnt drawn any more blood to test hcg since then either. It seems like they would at least do that considering I read that that number is suppose to double during days... ??? can anyone relate or help?
Hey...sorry ur going thur this. You may want to post this question in the Pregnancy 18-34 forum. There are more people there and someone maybe able to answer your question.