iud removal, pregnancy, miscariage, and now ttc
I had an IUD in for about 8 yrs. Finally got it taken out in July of 2011. Went back the following week for a follow up and BAM i was pregnant. the dr was shocked because they had never had a positive as soon as they removed it, but upon the removal i was on my last day of my period. I was still bleeding. i just thought it was from the removal of the IUD. They did a test and it came out positive. but my pro was low. they made me do some blood work the following week and it was going down. Turns out i miscarried. I was so hurt since it was going to be my first baby with my boyfriend. They told me to wait for a full cycle and it has come and gone. I have a period every 23-24 days and lasts about 4 days. I want to know has anyone had this happen and if so how long did it take you to get pregnant again? please help.
If it was the Mirena, I fell pregnant 2 weeks after removal, I miscarried at 5/6 weeks. Fell pregnant 3/4 months after the miscarriage. All women are different some can take a year or more. Best of luck.