Pregnancy: Sep 2010 Babies Community
iud removal, pregnancy, miscariage, and now ttc

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2010.

I had an IUD in for about 8 yrs. Finally got it taken out in July of 2011. Went back the following week for a follow up and BAM i was pregnant. the dr was shocked because they had never had a positive as soon as they removed it, but upon the removal i was on my last day of my period. I was still bleeding. i just thought it was from the removal of the IUD. They did a test and it came out positive. but my pro was low. they made me do some blood work the following week and it was going down. Turns out i miscarried. I was so hurt since it was going to be my first baby with my boyfriend. They told me to wait for a full cycle and it has come and gone. I have a period every 23-24 days and lasts about 4 days. I want to know has anyone had this happen and if so how long did it take you to get pregnant again? please help.
If it was the Mirena, I fell pregnant 2 weeks after removal, I miscarried at 5/6 weeks. Fell pregnant 3/4 months after the miscarriage. All women are different some can take a year or more. Best of luck.