Pregnancy: Sep 2011 Babies Community
Waiting for labor to start?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy, childbirth and maternity for babies due or born in September 2011.

Waiting for labor to start?

Who else is sitting around feeling like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode? I went to the dr today and I'm 2cm and 80% thinned out. She said "could be today, could be two weeks from now" ugh! Makes me jealous of the moms that get induced because there isn't any guessing. You just know when it's going to start.

So now every contraction will have me on edge thinking... is this it?

I have to admit that I was a little bummed that I was only 2cm. I thought I would be at 3 for sure. I've been trying to hold out because of preterm issues, but now that my ob gave us the go ahead to stop taking all the meds I'm ready to have this kid like now.

My dad is out of town until the 13th and my mom until the 16th. Also my neice is having her first baby on the 12th so it would work best if baby stays put until next weekend. How do you distract yourself so close to the end??
Hey NicMom- trust me girl I'm on the same boat as you I am trying to find a way to Keep my Mind off of this. I am setting my induction date on monday at my next appointment. I had an appointment yesterday and was very bummmed out to still only be 1cm dialated and 50 percent effaced. I am planning to be induced on saturday of next week if baby doesn't come on his own by then. I do feel bery selfish for getting induced because I know its when he's ready but I have also been told to not feel selfish that sometimes baby just needs a little nudge to help him.

I wanted him to come naturally but sometimes it doesn't always go as planned. Plus I still have time b4 next sat so he may come b4 then.

I can't really help u on how to distract yourself because I can't even distract myself on it either. Its on my mind ALL day 24/7.
ME TOO ME TOO!!! LOL I just want her out and nothing else is on my mind but that!!!
I have been 3-4 and 70% for three weeks.  I was just telling my friend that I wish my doctor never told me it could be any day because every twinge kept me wondering if that would be the start!!  Then I was having pretty decent contractions this morning and was so excited but they stopped!! I am scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning though so my wait will finally be over.  I do have to call before I go in and make sure they didn't have some kind of crazy rush with babies being born tonight.  It would just be my luck that they won't have a bed for me!
My dr did say sometimes ignorance is bliss and so I kind of wish I hadn't been checked.

Good luck babycrazy! I'm jealous.
I am STILL not dilated or thinned at all and my due date was the 7th!  I've tried everything to bring labor on and I do mean EVERYTHING, lol.  Here's hoping next week they'll agree to induce me and get this little girl out!  :)
Girl yes, i hope sooo!!!! I told my doc if he still wants to keep seeing this nice lady patient instead of a crazy prego lady he better find me induction date as soon as its humanly possible!!!!