Son named after grandfather who hates me?!
So my grandmother said that if i have a boy I am supposed to name him after the baby's father, specifically his middle name. I have never heard this is my life?! What are your opinions? Plus my bf wants to name children after his dead grandfather and I am 100% against it but him and his mom keep pushing it and trying to form different names and enunciations o.0
Tell them that you don't want to do that, you value their opinions but in the end you want to have a big input as far as the name is concerned
And no I haven't heard of that. There's a tradition in my family to name the first born daughter with the middle name Dawn but that is from my great grandmother, grandmother, mother and my sister (She is supposed to used it for her first born daughter).
I feel your pain my husband and I went to battle over our daughters middle name he wanted to name her after his mom and I didn't not BC I don't like her but it was our first child and a girl at that and I felt if anything she should have my middle name. Now I have heard of boys being named after there. Farthers and grandfather's and so on. It's old school and I think you should just take a moment in pray on it . That's what I did it's only the middle name which most people don't used or care to know unless it's family. I am sure you're baby's farther will be happy. Best of luck to you.
I've never heard of that... and if I were to have a boy, def would not be named Fredrick. lol (Thats the babies fathers middle name) I want something unique, but my boyfriend doesn't want to talk about it until we find out the gender... I would express to them that you want something completely outside of the box/family. If they don't agree, honestly, you get the last say-so, at least thats how I view it. lol
Let them no your opinion.
Its important you choose something you like.
It is not something you have to do its a choice.
I chose to give my son his fathers middle name. But also it fit and I liked it.
My daughter I picked her first name and my husband gave her his mothers middle name I whole heartedly hate this woman. But my husband also had to be involved and since it was not awful I allowed it.
But it was not something I could not live with.
If you do not want to use someone's name that's OK!
Just explain you want to start fresh and create your own unique new name.
Your momma and its your baby they chose their babies names! Now its your turn to do so.
Thank you everyone. I would really hate to come off mean to his mother and my granny but it really is my say so since he's not going to be around (bf) for he will remain here to finish college and I'm moving back to my home state for last 2yrs of nursing school.